CA API Gateway System Engineer
CA API Gateway System Engineer is responsible for design and implementation of highly secure API solutions based on SOAP and REST protocols using CA API Gateway (Layer7 SSG) platform in support of different customer applications. The job responsibility includes building API Gateway Policies to enforce security and routing policies, mediate and orchestrate requests between internal and external API consumers and producers
- Plans application workflow and configures enforcement systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic, security, and capacity requirements.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- May perform network administration duties.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Hands on experience with building service policies using various Policy Assertions that implement XML/JSON transformation, routing, encryption/decryption, dig. signatures, auditing, PKI, threat prevention, ICAP integration, logical assertions, etc. This includes hands on experience with Access Control, TLS, XML Security, Message Validation/Transformation, Routing, Policy Logic and Threat Protection Policy assertion categories.
- Strong knowledge of Identity Federation topics, including SAML2.0 Web Browser SSO architecture, OAuth 2.0. JWT and JWS/JWE, OpenIdConnect
- Ability to work with Global Policy Fragments, Included Policy Fragments, and Encapsulated Assertions
- Hands on experience integrating CA API Gateway with different Identity Providers, such as LDAP or AD or CA Siteminder and Identity Minder or Oracle Access Manager and Oracle Entitlement Server.
- In depth understanding of the SOAP and RESTfull standards and best practices
- Experience with Identity federation architecture and implementation using SAML and OAuth standards
- Good understanding of CA API Gateway Operation and Maintenance topics (backups, monitoring, performance metrics, clean up, etc.)