Information Technologist (WRAIR-Compound Repository & Informatics)
6 days left
- Full Time
GDIT is seeking an Information Technologist (Compound Repository & Informatics) to support the mission of the Experimental Therapeutics (ET) Branch of the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR). The mission of the WRAIR Branch of Experimental Therapeutics is to discover and develop new pharmaceutical agents to protect military members from death, disease, and injury. The ET Branch is organized into three distinct departments which contribute to the different phases leading to FDA drug approval. The three comprising departments are the Departments of Drug Discovery, Drug Development, and Clinical Pharmacology.This position is in direct support of the Department of Drug Development. Specific tasks include:
- Provide technical support for laboratory information management system (LIMS) design, administration, security and information assurance
- Work directly with Branch researchers to provide information management support and services for ongoing drug discovery and development efforts.
- Function as a liaison between the customer, the Experimental Therapeutics Branch, and the WRAIR Division of Information Management in an effort to ensure all IT operations are in compliance with Army Information Assurance requirements.
- Serve as the lead technical representative to migrate data from the legacy chemical information system (retired) to the existing third-party laboratory information management system (LIMS).
- Serve as the primary technical liaison between the Branch and third-party vendors providing the LIMS and server operation to include: overall system monitoring and reporting to COR; serving as the technical contact during the resolution of any system problems; providing local technical support to users; and performing as the Branch’s technical expert on any proposed changes to the system. The contractor shall acquire training required to obtain and maintain technical expertise in the listed above. All continuing education requirements shall be submitted for approval by the COR >60 days in advance.
- While serving as an IT liaison, the contractor shall ensure conduct will be professional and strive to keep communications clear, concise, and meet the objectives of the customer.
- Attend and present at relevant national scientific conferences, if required by the Government.