Information Systems Technician - TS/SCI Req'd
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as phones, peripherals, cabling, phone administration, and video and audio teleconferencing hardware and software).
- Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
- Provides technical support and training to end-users.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required
- Ability to troubleshoot issues ranging from physical hardware, to network, to user profiles.
- Understanding of remote VoIP administration.
- Experience with conferencing system configurations.
- Knowledge of CAT5, CAT6 and copper termination requirements.
- Familiarity with telephony test equipment.
- Ability to manage and document approved changes to the enterprise baseline.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.