Administrator, Network - SECRET - Hawaii
5 days left
- Full Time
Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks. 1. Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data wide area communications networks. 2. Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks. 3. Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures. 4. Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment. 5. Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards. 6. Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades. 7. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance. 8. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results. 9. Provides advice and training to end-users. 10. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. 11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned. 12. Participates in special projects as required. Education Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience. Qualifications 2-5 years of directly related experience in network administration and support. Specific Requirements:
- Knowledge of Cisco Call Manager and VTC applications / appliances.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in writing or orally to customers on all levels.
- Must be able to demonstrate a sense of mission and urgency when responding to actions.
- Must be willing to travel 10 - 25% of the time.
- Must possess and maintain a US Secret Security Clearance and be eligible for upgrade to TS/SCI. Must be able to achieve Security+ CE Certification (or equivalent) within 90 days of hire for positions requiring elevated privileges and ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire.Additional specific certifications may be required, depending on job assignment.This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.