Sr. Manager - Information Systems
7 days left
- Full Time
The IT Program Leader is responsible for the successful delivery of Human Capital IT programs in accordance with GDIT IT processes and governance to scope, quality, budgetary and time targets. IT programs defined in the IT strategy are designed to enable business strategies. Programs are portfolios of systems and projects required for each Line of Service and internal business function to enable its strategies. New capabilities will be created or existing processes and delivery models are going to be re-engineered. Close cooperation and teamwork with our customers across GDIT required for sharing responsibilities for the overall delivery. The IT Program Leader supports the business in the formulation of strategic roadmaps and the management of the solution lifecycle with a team of Solution Architects, Business Analysts and Development resources.Responsibilities
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to successfully deliver IT programs to projects in accordance with scope, quality, budgetary and time targets.
- Represent IT in program board/solution board meetings with a focus on technology enablement of business strategy and process.
- Fulfil and translate business requirements into IT solutions aligned to the overall IT strategy, reflected in functional roadmaps and an application portfolio.
- Develop for each program and in cooperation with the business partners a systems portfolio, with strategic functionality roadmaps for each system.
- Lead the program team in steering software design and development activities to meet the needs of the business and add value in leadership governance bodies.
- Develop effective relationships with all business program teams on all levels and become a trusted partner/advisor through dependable delivery and business contributions.
- Perform assessments of current landscape for our customers and provide insights around hypotheses and solutions.
- Enable simplification through identification of opportunities to leverage systems and investments across business areas and territories.
- Provide clear and up to date reports on the implications, risks and resource requirements for fulfilling agreed global program plans according to agreed scope, budget, quality and timelines.
- Ensure deviations from plans are brought to the early attention of management and corrective action is taken.
- Ensure IT solutions comply with technology and data standards and fit within the overall IT architecture.
- Promote a continuously improving environment by contributing to the problem management process and ensuring execution of corrective actions assigned to the team.
- Oversee the activities of direct reports to ensure a high performing, well motivated and developed team which delivers required results.
- Interact with the appropriate senior level contacts to gather requirements to enable the planning of future service enhancements.
- Create budget and financial reports to cost solutions for program delivery
- Source resources to deliver programs
- A thorough background in enterprise HCM implementation Consulting. This includes deep understanding of the applications and the relevant industry practices. Application experience should include Core HR, Compensation and Benefits, Payroll, Time and Labor, Recruiting, Talent Management, Learning Management, Performance Management, and Succession Planning.
- Proven ability to successfully deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Understanding of standard project methodologies regarding project initiation, current state analysis, future state design, implementation and project transition/close.
- Experience with process design including: g. conducting workshops and interviews.
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, relationship management and negotiation skills, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Work hours may include meetings schedule outside of normal working hours. Demands during peak times may require work hours outside of normal working hours. Occasional travel may be required.
- Ability to travel, and conduct multi-time zone meetings outside of local business hours (as appropriate).