Senior Exchange Engineer (w/ polygraph)
As a Senior Exchange Engineer, you will assist with the design of the organization's technology architecture and implementation of hardware and software infrastructure. You will need very high level of knowledge of Exchange 2010 or 2013 and will serve as SME for the Exchange mail infrastructure group in TEMs and other meetings. You will possess broad system experience and understanding of supporting elements of the architecture including the OS and relevant networks. You will plan and implement Exchange platform upgrades, and must understand the customer environment to be able to modify standard deployment packages conforming to the unique security architecture in place. You will evaluate the current environment and support creation of a platform roadmap, analyze system performance and recommend corrective and preemptive actions. You will conceptualize, design, and implement solutions to problems reported or discovered, and continuously improve the quality of service provided by the email infrastructure. You will deliver timely and high quality solutions to customer problems and requests focusing on root cause analysis, prevention, and knowledge transfer. Responsibilities include:
- Help with analysis of migration to new Exchange Server environments.
- Respond to customer requests to correct or modify malfunctioning applications.
- Investigate issues with applications, servers, and storage.
- Report to division management the status of issues, corrective action being taken, and the resolution of investigations.
- Partner with Premier Technical Account Managers to effectively manage hot-sites including documented action plans and daily status updates for the customer and Microsoft management.
- Initiate and participate in triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and to efficiently resolve customer problems.
- Exchange Server 2010 or 2013, including experience implementing and troubleshooting Database Availability Groups.
- Practical experience troubleshooting Exchange Server and Windows Server performance problems.
- Outlook 2010 or 2013
- Ability to work independently with minimal management supervision
- Ability to manage challenging technical issues by setting customer expectations, devising and implementing action plans, and professionally communicating to all parties involved.
- PowerShell V2 skills including scripting
- Active Directory (architecture, design, disaster recovery and troubleshooting)
- Debugging skills in the Windows Platform
- MCSE or similar experience
- Exchange 2010
- PowerShell v2