Medical Record Abstractor
6 days left
- Full Time
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. Review medical records, collect clinical information and enter the data into abstraction software in accordance with contractual and organizational guidelines. Essential duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review medical records and other source documents and collect clinical data according to specifications and guidelines provided by the customer. Data collected may include demographics, disease-specific data elements, and medications.
- Accurately enter data into abstraction software using a personal computer, keyboard and/or mouse.
- Follow all established processes and procedures.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of medical records and Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Consistently meet or exceed productivity and accuracy standards established by the customer and/or the Company
- Consistently meet attendance standards established by the Company
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
- Associate's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in work involving hospital medical records review or equivalent.