RF Datalink Specialist
The RF Communications/Datalinks Specialist provides support to all Command and Control Mission Systems (C2MS), their associated software, hardware, configurations, and architectures as a part of the Specialized Automated Mission Suite (SAMS). Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develops communication systems architectures for air and ground based platforms. Produces design review artifacts to include system level diagrams, parts break down with cost analysis and timelines for procurement. Ensures designated radios, their associated components, applications, and architectures are fully operational and maintained. Provides immediate troubleshooting, and rapid solution development for C2MS mission critical problem. Performs programming, installation and testing of mobile radios, antennas, and accessories with the aid of PC-based programs, schematics and other drawingsEnsures safety practices are being followed at all times Performs Preventive Maintenance Inspections and recurring maintenance Documents all maintenance actions in IMDS in accordance to Air Force Instructions Maintains equipment account for C2MS systems and associated support equipmentManages unit level COMSEC accounts ensuring all required key material is available, properly stored and usedWorks with IT professionals to coordinate efforts, resolve cross-team issues and communicate changesTracks incidents in Remedy, provides the customer with information, trend analysis, and service improvement recommendations
- Specific experience with a most of the following: PRC-117, PRC-150, PRC-152, PSC-5, ARC-210, ARC-231 radiosExperience with SADL/EPLRS radios, JRE and ADSI; MIDS/LVT data-link; ROVER and VORTEX terminalsDevelop local work cards for site specific requirements as neededManage Air Force equipment account to ensure accountability of valuable equipmentTroubleshoot issues, conduct tests, and interpret the results to perform corrective actionsCable fabrication to include soldering of RF coax cables and multi-conductor cablesExperience with COMSEC fill devicesAbility to document and maintain technical drawings and status updates for all assets.Good communications skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow throughAbility to share technical knowledge in a training environmentMaintain a Quality Assurance mindset with attention to detail
- Four or more years of experience in PC hardware and software management Four or more years of experience in a Microsoft Window Network environment supporting Windows OS from XP to Windows 10
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 2-5 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
- DoDI 8570.01m Certification required (IAT-I compliant): Minimum Network+ CE The work is performed in an office setting and on flight line. Occasional travel for official purposes is required.On-call reach back support and possible short term TDYsMust be able to obtain a passport for OCONUS travel requirementsLift over 35 LBS