Integrated Master Scheduler
The Information Technology (IT) Modernisation (ITM) project will transform the way IT services are provided to users across the NATO enterprise, including the NATO Command Structure (NCS), the NATO Headquarters (NHQ), elements of the NATO Force Structure and NATO agencies. This will be achieved by modernizing, consolidating, and centralizing the infrastructure and service management, and by pooling and abstracting resources. In turn, this will allow an enterprise perspective to be taken, and services to be delivered according to standard and measureable service level agreements, offering a higher quality, more flexible, resilient, and secure set of services at significantly lower costs to the user community. The Integrated Master Scheduler will be responsible for generating and maintaining the Project Master Schedule through coordination and collaboration across the project. The Integrated Master Scheduler provides project scheduling and project controls as project management support on various complex projects within the Government. The position requires exceptional organizational and multitasking skills and ability to coordinate with multiple project teams. At this level, the position is typically responsible for managing multiple tasks or a single large project and supervising up to 5 employees ' both exempt and non-exempt and may include one or more subordinate supervisors. The Scheduler will assume responsibilities of the following tasks/activities:
- Generate and maintain the Project Master Schedule that identifies key dates/milestones with tasks that specify sequence, duration, and interdependencies among the project’s work breakdown structure’s work packages.Generate and maintain the Project Master Schedule with activity network, activity Gantt, milestone, and critical path views of the project schedule.Generate and maintain both the Project Work Breakdown Structure and the Project Product Breakdown Structure within the Project Master Schedule.Identify project and resource dependencies (predecessors and successors) to develop a predictive and realistic project schedule.Perform schedule analysis to support change management and risk management assessmentsDevelop custom views and reports as requiredProvide technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned project or tasks, including contract and subcontractor management.Supervise assigned staff, including subordinate supervisors.Participate in the development of technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.May also perform high level technical services on assigned tasks.Leverage Microsoft Project 2013 to execute schedule development and management responsibilities.
- Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Professional certification (PMP or PRINCE2) preferred.
- 8-10 years of related experience, including supervisory experience.
- 5-10 years of related experience leveraging Microsoft Project with recent experience with MS Project 2013
- Demonstrated ability to manage milestones, critical path, resources, Work Breakdown Structure, Product Breakdown Structure, and interdependencies amongst tasks
- Demonstrated ability to create custom views and reports in MS Project based on requirements provided from the customer and/or leadership
- Experience collaborating with Design Engineers and Implementation Teams to develop a schedule to achieve product delivery