INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (INFORMATION SECURITY)
Customs & Border Protection (CBP): Securing America's Borders
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resiliency to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Discover a challenging and rewarding career in CBP, the sole organization responsible for securing the nation's borders. At U.S. Customs and Border Protection, we:
- Screen passengers, vehicles, and shipments entering our country
- Seize illegal narcotics, vehicles, and agricultural products
- Prevent unauthorized entry into the country
- Rescue individuals who fall into dangerous conditions traversing our border
For more information about CBP's mission, activities, and careers, please see http://www.cbp.gov/.
Joining the Customs and Border Protection Office of Information and Technology will allow you to use your knowledge to provide information technology support to security systems which facilitate the accomplishment of mission requirements.
Who May Apply:
- Open to all U.S. Citizens
- This announcement will utilize the Direct Hire Authority to fill positions throughout the Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection.
- For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please see http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/careers/gc_1303762131481.shtm.
Organizational Location: Positions are located located within U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Information and Technology in Alexandria, VA; Lorton, VA; and Springfield, VA.
One or more selections may be made using this job opportunity announcement. Further selections may also be made for additional organizational divisions and/or units within the duty location(s) listed above.
The open period for this job opportunity announcement may be extended to allow for a sufficient applicant pool.
- Not Required
BASIC REQUIREMENT: Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
GS-12: You qualify at the GS-12 level if you possess one (1) year of specialized experience that equipped you with the skills needed to perform the job duties. Such examples include developing, implementing and coordinating activities to ensure, protect and restore IT systems, services and capabilities; monitoring and evaluating systems compliance with IT security requirements; providing advice and guidance to end users on implementing IT security procedures.
GS-13: You qualify at the GS-13 level if you possess one (1) year of specialized experience that equipped you with the skills needed to perform the job duties. Such examples include conducting systems security evaluations, audits, and reviews; participating in network and systems design to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies; ensuring the application of information security policies, principles and practices in the delivery of IT services; identifying IT systems security requirements associated with migrations to new environments; participating in long-range IT security systems plans; providing guidance to customers IT systems to meet customer's needs.
GS-14: You qualify at the GS-14 level if you possess one (1) year of specialized experience that equipped you with the skills needed to perform the job duties. Such examples include conducting systems security certification and accreditation requirements and processes; establishing network and systems design to ensure implementation of security disciplines; developing tactics, techniques and procedures to protect, detect, react and recover from cyber incidents; participating in cybersecurity related system design; consulting with customers to evaluate functional requirements for IT systems.
You qualify for this position if you meet the basic requirement listed above and possess either the specialized experience or education requirements below. You must meet all qualification requirements, including education, if applicable, subject to verification at any stage of the application process by Tuesday, May 23, 2017.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Overtime: This position may require uncontrollable, unscheduled overtime in excess of the 40-hour work week.
On call: This position may require the incumbent to be on call 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
Security Clearance: You may be required to obtain a Secret or higher level clearance for this position.Shift work: You may be required to perform work on a shift and rotational basis.
Public Trust - Background Investigation