- Full Time
This position is located in the Division of Maintenance at the George Washington Memorial Parkway in Arlington, VA. Please visit find a park for additional park information.
These positions are Full-Time temporary positions not-to-exceed 1039 regular hours (about 6 months) in a service year. Positions may be terminated sooner or extended depending on management needs.
The typical seasonal entry-on-duty period for George Washington Memorial Parkway is May-November, but can be variable during these months due to weather conditions, project needs, or funding. Anticipated Entry on Duty: July 9, 2017.
Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will not be paid. All travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected employee.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel may be required to attend meetings or training
To qualify for this position, you must have sufficient knowledge and ability in the following job-related factors:
Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Job Qualifications System for Trades and Labor Occupations (X-118-C) will be used in determining applicants' qualifications. There is no specific length of training or experience required; however, you must be able to demonstrate through the experience shown in your written resume and your responses to the questionnaire that you possess the competencies to perform the duties of this position without more than normal supervision. More information on qualification standards can be found at: www.opm.gov/qualifications/X-118c/index.htm.
In preparing your application, describe in detail the experience and training which you have had that specifically prepared you for this job and to perform the duties described for this job. Experience should be clearly described and documented in your resume. The qualifications reviewer will not assume performance of such duties by Job Titles alone. Address your knowledge, skills and/or abilities in the areas shown in the job-related factors.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no substitution of education for experience for Wage Grade (WG) positions.
- New employees of the Department of the Interior must identify a financial institution for direct deposit of net pay within 30 days of entrance on duty.
- You may be required to operate a motor vehicle as part of your official duties. Prior to your first official motor vehicle operation, and again every year thereafter (or more frequently if management determines such need exists), you will be required to sign an affidavit certifying to your possession of a valid State issued driver's license that is current and has not been revoked, suspended, canceled, or otherwise disqualified in any way to prohibit your operation of a motor vehicle. You will also submit a photocopy of your valid State issued driver's license prior to your first official motor vehicle operation, and again every year, or more frequently if management determines such need exists.
- You will be required to wear a uniform and comply with the National Park Service uniform standards.
- You may be required to work on-call, evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime and shift work.
- If you are a new employee in the Federal government, you will be required to complete a one-year probationary period.
Q - Nonsensitive