Special Events Assistant, Office of Marketing and Communications - McDonough School of BusinessR
Special Events Assistant, Office of Marketing and Communications - McDonough School of Business
Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business (MSB) - located at the intersection of business, government, and international relations - develops principled leaders committed to serving both business and society. Through our global perspective, we prepare students to compete in today's international business environment. The overall goal of its Office of Marketing and Communications is to increase visibility of the McDonough School of Business.
The Special Events Assistant is part of a team that coordinates events for the McDonough School of Business - for example, multiple graduation ceremonies and receptions; live television programming, Board of Advisors and Parents Advisory Council meetings, luncheons and dinners, national academic conferences, reunion events, alumni events in other cities; VIP presentations; CEO panels and breakfasts/luncheons, Financial Times partner events, galas; and staff and faculty luncheons. The Special Events Assistant properly executes functions to ensure they represent the MSB's brand in duties that include but are not limited to:
- Creates and maintains guest lists; creates and distributes event invitations; creates and maintains RSVP lists; and sends follow-up reminders prior to events.
- Manages the reservations for Fisher Colloquium.
- Works with the team to promote the events and build audience and to produce printed program for events as needed.
- Coordinates with the University Protocol Office on high-level VIP guests coming to the Rafik B. Hariri Building to speak.
- Determines security needs of VIP guests - GU Police Department or VIP's private security.
- Assists the Associate Director of Events in organizing some 150 diverse, high-profile, complex events throughout the year for the Dean's Office, Alumni Relations, Executive Education, MBA programs, Undergraduate programs, and prominent faculty panels and conferences.
- Assists with student groups, as appropriate, with their speaker events.
- Works with MSB Applications Team to develop knowledge or experience working with the customer relationship management (CRM) tool Salesforce, and event management tool Linvio, to build event registration pages, to send event related emails, and to keep track of those who attend events.
- Investigates and implements all aspects of events and event management; selects and contracts with caterers, A/V suppliers, and staging, and production companies; and follows event from conception through completion - remaining present until the last guest has departed and overseeing restoration of event space to pre-event status.
- Creates and maintains daily events calendar on building monitors.
- Manages event posting requests from departments.
- Contracts with vendors and off-campus venues.
- Bachelor's degree
- 1 - 2 years of experience of event planning/management and marketing experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.