Senior Administrative Specialist
This position provides principal administrative support in a professional environment to the Operational Evaluation Division (OED) research staff members of a project team(s). Performs a variety of administrative duties requiring knowledge of the organization, programs, and procedures related to the function of the office. Responsibilities include extensive use of personal computers and appropriate software for production of complex technical and statistical documents, assembling data and formatting reports, preparing charts and graphs. The nature of this work is deadline and precision oriented.
- Prepares documents on a timely and accurate basis, to include narrative, technical, or statistical reports from typed, automated or handwritten text. Uses a personal computer and appropriate software for creating, storing, retrieving, formatting and integrating documents and other data in accordance with prescribed format and procedures; may require chart preparation and graphics; responsible for correct spelling and grammar; reviews materials prepared for supervisor's approval for accuracy and proper format.
- Maintains working relationships with other organizational support functions, such as Control and Distribution, Publications Services Office, Technical Information Services Office, to ensure timely, accurate processing of reports for final drafts, reviews, and distribution.
- Maintains project schedules, travel plans and personal itineraries for assigned staff; assures that travel arrangements, security requirements, and administrative support are properly accomplished; coordinates all necessary forms. Responds to both routine and non-routine telephone inquiries with standard answers or by referral to appropriate staff member.
- Prepares routine correspondence on own initiative for supervisor's review. May scan and sort incoming mail and interoffice correspondence into priority categories; note items of interest based on current projects; may retrieve and attach background material before distributing.
- Maintains recurring internal reports, and other types of data as requested; establishes and maintains files as directed; follows up on pending matters to assure that schedules are met; maintains office supply inventory.
- May utilize spreadsheet, graphics or database software programs; also may maintain information systems and databases. Operates standard automated office systems and equipment to include electronic mail, conference room scheduling and other internal automated systems, fax machine, copy machine and scanning equipment. May serve as technical resource for other staff members on software questions and issues.
- Provides editorial support for documents distributed internally and externally.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a High school diploma or equivalent coupled with three+ years experience in administrative functions.
- Experience handling proprietary or sensitive information in a corporate environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with all levels of employees.
- Ability to obtain and maintain necessary security clearances.