**This position is contingent upon receipt of funding**
The Procurement Manager (PM) is responsible for the day to day management of a portfolio of procurement activities, ensuring that those activities uphold CRDF Global policy and best practices in all aspects of procurement implementation. Typical duties involve managerial oversight of procurement activities, including: oversight of procurement solicitations and sourcing procedures, cost and selection analysis, issuance of contract awards, reviewing payment requests, monitoring awardee performance, and maintaining project files. The work involves maintaining strong relationships with internal and external clients and an adherence to policies & procedures.
The PM is required to have a basic knowledge of the principles, concepts, and methodology of procurement implementation, and demonstrated skill in applying this knowledge in carrying out assignments, operations, or procedures. While specific guidelines are available to the PM, the position requires judgment in interpreting and adapting guidelines, policies, regulations and precedents for application to specific projects. The PM has signature authority over procurement payments.
- Oversees a portfolio of procurement activities with low-medium complexity. This includes: review and approval of awardee selection, preparing implementation plans, coordinating with internal and external stakeholders, designing award templates and procedures specific to each project and/or portfolio, ensuring contractor compliance, advising internal and external clients on best practices and implementation recommendations, and comprehensive financial monitoring.
- Provides high quality, timely support to internal and external clients.
- Addresses routine financial and administrative issues that occur during the course of a project. Seeks supervisory guidance and support for non-routine issues or exceptions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Associate’s + 2 years’ work experience)
- 1-3 years of office experience (finance, USG financial assistance/procurement, or project management preferred).
- Demonstrated customer service experience and effective communication skills
- Experience with MS Excel and/or preparation of financial reports
- Strong critical thinking and analysis, planning and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to adapt quickly to new challenges
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- U.S. work authorization
CRDF Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) CRDF Global provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.