At Lumix, teamwork, fun, innovation and work-life balance are aspects imbedded in our culture. We are not your typical CPA firm! If you are a go-getter, find fulfillment in supporting nonprofits, and enjoy breaks to laugh with coworkers, this opportunity may be a great fit for you! We are looking for a Staff Accountant who wants to be part of our fast-paced and fun firm.
Staff Accountant Job Duties
Involvement in the implementation of digital accounting systems and workflow for clients. Assists the CEO and Client CFO in the preparation of monthly financial statements, year-end audit preparation, and other reports for clients. Creates and maintains the assigned client’s system and work program, and creates records using established bookkeeping practices and procedures. Processes invoices, payroll, deposits, and the corresponding general journal entries. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 2+ years of experience, preferably with full-cycle accounting or audit. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Reports to the CEO and Client CFO.
- Month-End Close— responsible for the full accounting cycle and provide assistance in the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Financial Records— organize and maintain clients’ financial records, prepare and post journal entries to the Intacct accounting system, and analyze account reconciliations.
- Budget Preparation—assist manager in budget preparation and cash flow forecasts.
- Audit Preparation— provide support to auditors for clients’ annual audit.
- Tax Preparation—assist with tax preparations as needed.
- Payroll— process payroll for clients using Paycycle.
- Information Sharing— collaborate and share information with other accountants to help cultivate a learning environment.
- Up to 15% travel to client sites in the DC Metro area.
- BA/BS in accounting or finance, or equivalent working experience.
- 2+ years of experience preferably in nonprofit accounting.
- Technically adept—working knowledge of automated accounting systems like Intacct, proficiency in Excel, and able to learn and use new software and applications.
- Nonprofit accounting—strong understanding of the accounting nuances of nonprofit organizations and federal awards preferred.
- Communication proficiency—exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Planning/organizing—ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, work independently and with others.
- Adaptability—able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected situations.
- Critical thinking and problem solving—ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, and gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Quality control—highly detail oriented, demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitor his/her own work and the work of others to ensure quality.
- Accountability – demonstrate accountability for results
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, fax machines and filing cabinets.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST. Some flexibility in hours is allowed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply for Staff Accountant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly