Cloud Integration Manager
The Cloud Integration Manager is responsible for the research, strategy, design, implementation, documentation and operational management of the Association’s IT infrastructure architecture with a focus on IaaS and PaaS cloud platforms.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or 8 years of senior-level work experience in the areas mentioned below, will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the IT field with minimum 2 years in an IT management role.
- Strong experience with cloud services - AWS preferred
- Experience with continuous integration tools
- Experience with SQL, and non-relational (NoSQL) databases (Cloud based and On-Premise)
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Salt, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience with VMware, storage systems, Linux & Windows Operating systems.
- Knowledge of networking, firewalls, load balancers etc
- Exceptional communication skills
- The person in this role will have a blend of infrastructure, operational, and experience working with development teams.
- Demonstrated broad technical knowledge, strong leadership, organization skills, creativity and technical vision.
- Developed policies, procedures and training programs for a technical and non-technical audience.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately with technical team
- The Cloud Integration Manager is responsible for providing clear decisions about choice of technology direction and strategies from among many complex options, while minimizing impacts when integrating new technologies into existing environments. In doing so, the incumbent makes recommendations and decisions that may be disruptive, and/or unpopular, with long-term financial/operational consequences. The incumbent must gain support for these decisions through communication, education, and coaching.
- Provides leadership role in the design and implementation of the IT infrastructure and associated applications.
- The Cloud Integration Manager is responsible for the research, strategy, design, implementation, documentation and operational management of the Association’s IT infrastructure architecture. The incumbent will lead various IT teams from a technology perspective to create and maintain enterprise infrastructure architecture plans and ensure that infrastructure development activities are consistent with the IT Strategic Plan.
- Manages the DBA team consisting of SQL DBA and No SQL Engineer.
- The incumbent provides expert technical advisory assistance to employees relating to the IT Infrastructure Architecture, and coaches DBAs, engineers and developers on technologies, approaches, and methodologies and assists team members with problem solving and planning activities.
- Partners with business applications teams and operational counterparts to coordinate the delivery of project
The American Psychological Association, located at 750 First St NE, Washington D.C., was named a 2014 recipient of the Washington Post Top Workplace. It is metro accessible from the Red Line.
Qualified candidates must apply online through APA’s applicant system and attach a cover letter and resume specifying your salary requirements. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration. Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. Please make sure to check your Spam folder if you do not receive an email from us.
The American Psychological Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law.