Sughrue Mion, PLLC is an Intellectual Property law firm specializing in patent and trademark prosecution (i.e., the process by which patents and trademarks are sought from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office) as well as related litigation. We are world renowned in our field with our main office in Washington, DC at the Foggy Bottom Metro stop.
Sughrue Mion, PLLC is seeking an Intellectual Property Docketing Specialist with a minimum of 2 years IP docketing experience. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and as part of a team, have a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, and have strong communication, multi-tasking and proofreading skills.
Enter and maintain all due dates and reminder dates as appropriate into the Firm's computerized docket database in strict adherence to established policies and procedure including:
- Review incoming USPTO mail and client mail (including U.S. Mail, e-mail, courier packages, faxes) to determine due dates or reminder dates to be entered into the Firm's computerized docketing database;
- Entry of all due dates and reminder dates as appropriate into the Firm's computerized docketing database;
- Creating new domestic and foreign patent and trademark application files including entry of case information and pertinent deadlines into the Firm's computerized docketing database;
- Assist with quality review of docketing and new cases generated and created within the department;
- Review EFS/TEAS daily filing receipts and paper filings and update the Firm's computerized docketing database accordingly;
- Generate and timely post various daily docket reports;
- Maintain accuracy and productivity standards as set by the Director of IP Services and the Docketing Department Manager;
- Maintain working knowledge of current USPTO rules and procedures ;
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the Docketing Manager.
- High school diploma required. Additional secretarial, business or technical training helpful.
- Minimum of 2 years of IP docketing experience using a computerized docketing system.
- Prior law firm experience preferred.
- Knowledge of procedures and practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office;
- Foreign docketing experience preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Typing at least 45 wpm
Sughrue Mion offers great benefits and a competitive salary.
If you meet these qualifications, please email resume, cover letter and salary requirement to HR@sughrue.com
Apply for Docketing Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly