Government Scientific Source is the leading dedicated supplier of analytical chemistry equipment and consumables to federal, state, and municipal government laboratories. Government Scientific offers the widest selection of products and the most procurement channel options available in the industry. We maintain multiple GSA federal supply schedules, DAPA contracts, and blanket purchase agreements to facilitate procurement administration and compliance.
Position: Software Engineer
Department: Information Technology
Basic Function: Design and develop applications to stream line business practices and increase productivities. The Software Engineer will have an insatiable appetite to learn new technologies and methodologies.
Job Duties: (include but not limited)
- Execute the entire lifecycle of product development
- Be responsible for ownership and collaboration on the specifications, design, development, unit testing, documentation and maintenance of software components and features
- Learn and apply new technologies/frameworks/ languages as required
- Provide input to drive improvements into the software development process
- Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 4 + years of high level programming language design and programming experience (College Courses accepted)
- Must be willing to learn new technology
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast pace environment
401K, Health Care, Dental, FSA, life insurance, Profit sharing and more
Please include your cover letter and resume with salary requirements to HR@govsci.com.
Hiring Location: Reston, VA