HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: This position is in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Employees occupying DCIPS positions are in the Excepted Service and must adhere to U.S. Code, Title 10, as well as Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25. This position is located at the HQDA, ODCS, G-2, INTEL PER MGT OFFICE, WASHINGTON, DC, duty location is Pentagon, Arlington, VA. The incumbent administer and evaluate a variety of civilian human resources management program such as Recruitment and Placement, Staffing, Performance Management, Human Resources Development & Training, Career Program Management, Management Employee Relations, Position Management and Classification and other functions.
WARNING: DO NOT INCLUDE CLASSIFIED INFORMATION IN YOUR APPLICATION PACKET! Application packages that contain Classified information WILL NOT receive consideration for this position. Should you submit a resume or any other document as part of your application package and it is confirmed that any of the information is Classified, in addition to being found ineligible for consideration for this position, your Security Office will be notified to determine if any further action is warranted.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected.
- Current Army Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee
- Current Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee (excluding Army)
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Former Permanent Federal Employee eligible to be reappointed
- Veteran with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
- Disabled Veteran with a service-connected disability of more than 10%/less than 30%
- Applicant eligible for 10-Point Other veteran's rating or Derived Veterans' Preference
- Veteran eligible for 5-Point Preference
- U.S. Citizen
Army DCIPS positions apply Veteran's Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement.
This is a Career Program (CP) Position 10
- Occasional Travel
- Require TDY travel up to 10% of the time.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as two (20 or more of the following: 1) Interpreting and applying recruitment and placement laws, regulations, policies, and practices to provide advice and guidance to managers, employees and applicants; 2) Conducting job analysis, reviewing applicant qualifications, and referring eligible candidates for employment consideration; and/or 3) Working in any of these areas: Performance Management, Human Resources Development & Training, Career Program Management, Management Employee Relations, Position Management and Classification. Experience must be clearly described in your resume. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GG/GS-11).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
* KNOWLEDGE OF HUMAN RESOURCES REGULATIONS AND PROCEDURES
* SKILL IN ADMINSTERING VARIOUS PROGRAMS
* ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE ORALLY AND IN WRITING
NOTE: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency so long as it was at a level at least equivalent to the next lower grade in the series.
EDUCATION: Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required. Conditions of employment
- Conditions of employment:
- 1. Incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance with eligibility for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
- 2. In accordance with Change 3 to AR 600-85, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Program, employee must successfully pass a urinalysis screening for illegal drug use prior to appointment and periodically thereafter.
- 3. Temporary duty (TDY) travel may be required up to 10% of the time.