CUSTODIAL WAREHOUSE TECHNICIAN
1 day left
- Full Time
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Experience performing warehouse work, organizing and maintaining a warehouse environment.
- Working knowledge of methods, materials, and best practices in proper use and care of equipment associated with custodial work.
- Ability to inventory existing custodial supplies and determine additional requirements to maintain maximum and minimum supply levels.
- Ability to maintain records associated with job duties.
- Ability to operate a desktop computer and computer tablet, experience using a computer based inventory control system and work order management system.
- Excellent human relations and communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, and climb a ladder; stoop, kneel, crouch or bend; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms; and lift and carry up to approximately 50 pounds. The employee is required to see for the safe operation of a motor vehicle and other material handling equipment. May occasionally be exposed to extreme temperatures or other inclement weather, and loud noises.
The Custodial Warehouse Technician reports to the Custodial Supervisor within the Facilities Services DivisionJOB DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for ordering, receiving, inventory control, and delivery of supplies and equipment used by school custodial staff in Loudoun County Public Schools. Plans efficient delivery routes on a recurring schedule to maintain a custodial supply inventory at each school. Monitors material usage at each school site and identifies discrepancies to supervisor. Recommends changes and improvements to custodial equipment and supplies.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Unloads commercial shipments at central warehouse; organizes, repackages and labels materials for warehouse storage; loads and delivers materials to the school sites on a daily basis.
- Conducts weekly inventories of custodial supplies at each school and restocks the school custodial supplies to pre-established inventory control levels.
- Works with Custodial Supervisor in developing custodial supply inventory levels.
- Daily operation of a forklift and delivery truck with/without a hydraulic lift gate.
- Receives shipments, processes packing lists, invoices and other shipping related documents.
- Assembles custodial equipment for delivery to school sites.
- Performs other work as assigned.
OUTSIDE APPLICANTS MUST UPDATE THEIR APPLICATION TO INDICATE WHICH POSITION(S) THEY ARE APPLYING FOR.CURRENT LCPS CLASSIFIED EMPLOYEES MUST SUBMIT AN INTERNAL APPLICATION AND LETTER OF INTEREST FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID). IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED A NEW RESUME WITHIN A YEAR AND/OR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE, PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED.APPLY TO:
The Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Classified Position, Level 11
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -