ENGLISH & SECONDARY READING SUPERVISOR
- Holds a Postgraduate Professional License with an endorsement in English 6-12 and/or K-12 Reading
- Has successful teaching experience in the area of English in grades 6-12
- Demonstrates the professional and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with school personnel and the community
- Has knowledge of what constitutes effective teaching and learning
The English and Secondary Reading Supervisor is responsible to the Assistant Superintendent for Instruction and reports directly to the Director of Teaching and Learning.JOB DESCRIPTION:
The English and Secondary Reading Supervisor is responsible for the organization, operation, and coordination for the grades 6-12 English and Secondary Reading programs for Loudoun County Public Schools. In accordance with these responsibilities, the English Supervisor plans, develops, implements, directs, and assesses these instructional programs in all Loudoun County Schools, grades 6-12.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach, model, facilitate, and build teacher capacity to utilize research-based best practices within the division and school’s instructional program to support student learning.
- Create, facilitate, and evaluate professional learning opportunities and curriculum resources for administrators and teachers in the areas of English and Reading
- Assist administrators and teachers with the collection and analysis of data results; collaborate with school staff to evaluate students’ achievement data and assist administrators with placing students in the appropriate interventions; analyze division data and authentic student work that identify content strengths and weaknesses that can be used to identify and/or produce curriculum to improve student achievement.
- Prepare reports and serve on committees as the Assistant Superintendent/Director may request and assist in the preparation of the annual budget of the school system.
- Evaluate effectiveness of instructional programs, determine needs, develop plans to meet these needs, and ensure that the Loudoun County programs are consistent with and follow the guidelines established by the Virginia Department of Education.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST AND UPDATED RESUME FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON CLOSING DATE.
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Administrative Position, Level 3
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -