· Has a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
· Has experience as a teacher, administrator, or athletic director or equivalent experience, preferably with accompanying coaching experience at the secondary level.
· Possesses leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary to work effectively with athletes, coaches, students, school administrators, staff, parents, and the community.JOB DESCRIPTION: RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Organizes and administers the overall program of interscholastic athletics for the high school to which he/she is assigned in cooperation with the Principal and Supervisor of Athletics; assumes responsibility for preparing the school’s interscholastic athletic schedule in consultation with the Principal and coaching staff; plans, coordinates, and maintains the school master calendar for student activities, the scheduling of student activities, and the use of school facilities in cooperation with the Student Activity Coordinator; fosters good school-community relations by keeping the community aware of the athletic program.
· Prepares and administers the school’s athletic budget developed in consultation with the Principal and Supervisor of Athletics; supervises all ticket sales and fund-raising events of the athletic program and assumes responsibility for the proper handling of funds; attends and serves as a liaison to the Booster Club at the request of the Principal; represents the school at area and regional athletic association meetings.
· Administers the physical and academic requirements for eligibility to participate in each sport and verifies the eligibility of each athlete; administers the insurance program covering school athletes.
· Supervises the coaching staff to ensure that proper practice schedules and safety procedures are maintained and that the Virginia High School League rules are adhered to by all athletic teams; assists with the assignment, supervision, and evaluation of the coaching staff.
· Coordinates the operation of athletic contests to ensure that transportation, officials, support personnel, and facilities are properly provided.
· Assumes responsibility for the requisition of athletic supplies and equipment; oversees the maintenance of athletic facilities and equipment.
· Performs related work as required.OTHER INFORMATION:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST AND UPDATED RESUME FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Administrative Position, Level 2
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per day
Interview date: Wednesday, May 31, 2017DAYS: FROM - TO -