HRBC Associate I
HRBC Associate I
Human Resources Business Center
Regular Exempt, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 1.1
University of Maryland University College seeks an HRBC Associate I. Reporting to the Manager, HR Customer Business Center, the HRBC Associate provides main support and acts as a central point-of-contact for employees for most HR transactions. This includes but not limited to processing HR transactions for all three UMUC divisions, incorporate and follow best practices, serve as a subject matter expert on majority of HR issues/questions, work with internal and external customers on complex HR-related processes. HRBC Specialist coordinates with the State of Maryland and the external vendors to ensure the integrity of personnel data, timely processing of necessary updates, implementation of best practices and compliance with the USM policies. HRBC Associate handles sensitive and confidential matters with discretion and tact while providing exceptional customer service globally. Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, detail oriented and able to multitask in a highly demanding HR environment.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Understand and anticipate the needs and expectations of UMUC employees to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize operational impact on the Department and Organization. Provide accurate, consistent and precise information to HR customers with the highest level of integrity.
- Possess in-depth knowledge and analytical skills for matters involving complex HR-related issues and processes. Work independently or in a team environment on the resolution.
- Act as the main point-of-contact for all HR inquiries and provide the highest level of customer service
- Perform a multi-component operation on a weekly Personnel Interface file and its transmittal to the Central Payroll Bureau of the State of Maryland. Ensure successful completion and reconcile discrepancies internally or externally, when needed.
- Administer and support HR Business Center daily operations including, but not limited to employee transactions from hire to termination for all divisions ( Asia, Europe, Stateside). Work with other members of UMUC HR department to obtain appropriate approval and determine the appropriate next steps.
- Coordinate with the HR offices in Asia and Europe and provide administrative guidance for HR-related transactions for respective regions within established policies procedures. Help identify and eliminate process inconsistencies.
- Collaborate with the Payroll, Faculty Appointments, and external consultants to align all critical requirements and needs of multiple business units in United States, Asia, and Europe.
- Coordinate Tuition Remission process for all divisions of UMUC (Asia, Europe, Stateside) including 50% reimbursements and retiree applications. Assist in defining practice and coordinate with internal and external Student Accounts Departments.
- Perform onboarding for Contingent I employees and Student Workers, and process foreign national that require a separate process.
- Possess exceptional organizational skills and able to prioritize tasks accordingly in the constantly fluctuating environment.
- Collaborate with HRIS team on generating queries using PeopleSoft HRMS to ensure and assess data integrity. Generate reports and interpret data, using a basic understanding of PeopleSoft Query.
- Collaborate with HRIS on mass-employee uploads into the system. Perform pre and post-upload validation.
- Expertly interpret and apply HR policies throughout all processes and when working on customers' questions and/or concerns.
- Generate HR-related documents, such as contract of employment, renewals, etc, based on policies and organizational practices
- Counsel and advise other departments on HR policies and best practices to ensure compliance.
- Actively participate in departmental and organization-wide projects on process improvements and system enhancements. Perform testing and troubleshooting.
- Work with internal and external parties to ensure seamless process integration
- Assist in developing a wide variety of written materials ( forms, procedures, guides, etc)
- Utilize external applications ( i.e. Parature, Taleo) to aid in daily operations
- Perform employment verification checks for employees as well as external sources following appropriate procedure and rules of disclosure.
- Provide training/guidance to HR liaisons
- Prepare and maintain employment records
- Support UMUC/HR initiatives throughout departments
- Other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning and a minimum of three (3) years of customer service experience and a minimum of two (2) years of HR experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience with Workday, PeopleSoft HRMS, PeopleSoft Query. Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.