Senior Facilities Technician
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 16727.Teleport Facilities
Location: Napa, CA
Travel %: None
Education: High school or vocational school completed
Experience: At least 3 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
As Senior Facilities Technician, this position will be responsible for performing moderately complex facility maintenance activities, ensuring that both the operational procedures and the overall performance of the location meet the high standard of service for our customers/users. This role works independently within established procedures and provides mentoring to more junior technical support staff. In collaboration with Engineers and Management, this position tracks, documents and provides regular updates on project status. You will provide direct support to vendor and contractor operations and apply a strong knowledge of the technical tools and systems needed to perform the job.
- Must have graduated from high school or vocational school.
- At least three years of work experience in Facilities Maintenance or a related field required, with five years preferred (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Must have knowledge of AC/DC electrical principles and the general equipment and systems of a commercial teleport.
- Must be able to read blueprints, schematics, layouts, wiring diagrams, and equipment specifications
- The understanding of maintenance practices for HVAC, UPS, Power Station, Fire Prevention and Security systems is required.
- Must have a basic understanding of general safety practices for a technical environment
- Fluent in both spoken and written English, required.
- Good time management.
- The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Perform facility maintenance activities, requiring little supervision on daily work and only general instructions on new assignments.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance inspections, reporting any anomalies to Facilities Management or to a Facilities Engineer.
- Report any deviations to service availability caused by safety, security, equipment degradation, ground system failure, potential loss of facility system support, or other local conditions (describing the potential loss of revenues or increased risk to company operations if possible).
- Lead the repair of more difficult problems with station facility equipment as requested, with the goal of ensuring equipment availability for operational requirements. This includes but is not limited to Electrical, Mechanical, Grounds Keeping, Security Systems, and Fire Detection Systems equipment.
- Establish all vendors PMI schedules and coordinate site visits.
- Grow and maintain vendor relationships.
- Administer and maintain vendor documents and service records, including termination when required.
- Coordinate and support vendor bids and estimates, creating Statement of Work (SOW) documents in alignment with Intelsat procurement process and contract terms.
- Evaluate vendor and contractor service performance based on SOW terms.
- Review and provide input for the development of Facility business requirements.
- Create purchase orders and monitor purchase card (P-card) use.
- Participate in the invoice approval process.
**RELOCATION IS AVAILABLE **
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.