NP Tax Accountant
Looking for an entry level Non-Profit Tax Role at an energetic & passionate company? Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman, a Bethesda, MD CPA Firm is in search of a Non-Profit Tax Accountant to join our team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares Form 990 and other forms needed for exempt organization clients.
- Prepares tax returns of various complexities using computer software.
- Prepares tax projections through utilization of computer software.
- Reviews tax information submitted by client’s for completeness.
- Makes adjusting entries and completes trail balances in order to prepare a tax return.
- Prepares and indexes working papers.
- Communicates with clients via email and telephone.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 0-2 years of experience in public accounting, preparing individual tax returns using relevant tax software.
- Either hold a current and valid certified public accountant's license, or be in active preparation to sit for the CPA exam.
- Proficiency with computer spreadsheet software and calculator.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive firm and client information.
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and timelines.
- Ability to work independently, use sound judgment and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
This is a full time position. Our office is located 2 blocks from the metro. Our benefits include company match 401(k) plan, paid individual medical and a culture that fosters flexibility and career development. We look forward to hearing from you!