Membership Development Manager
Membership Development Manager Organization Description
Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) is the national trade association of the solar energy industry representing over 1,000 companies from across the world. Our mission is to build a strong solar industry to power America. We achieve that aim by supporting pro-solar policy at the federal and state level, developing cutting-edge industry research, and speaking as the voice of the solar industry to press and public.
At SEIA, our staff arrives to the office every morning knowing that their work improves our country's energy independence and helps to revitalize our economy through the creation of thousands of U.S. jobs. Combining a strong sense of purpose and a great work environment has resulted in SEIA being selected as one of the “Best Non-Profits” in the U.S., two years in a row.
The Membership Development Manager reports to the Director of Membership. The core function of this position is to recruit new corporate members. Related duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop leads by researching companies and industry trends
- Lead an account through the full sales life cycle from lead to close
- Sell membership, including the closing of small and large sales
- Work with existing members to “upsell” them into premium categories of membership
- Travel to trade shows, conferences and other events on a regular basis for in-person recruitment
- Create a pre, on-site and post event sales strategy and plan, including systematic follow-up with potential members
- Direct and support efforts to effectively integrate the Membership Department’s activities with other departments throughout SEIA especially with Government Affairs, Research, and Communications.
- Update and maintenance of member database, file updates and maintenance, and other tasks as assigned
- Work with Director to develop strategies to effectively exceed sales objectives with a focus on revenue and net gain growth. Benchmark best practices with other campaign-style fundraising operations and utilize the expertise of successful staff members in order to develop innovative approaches for short and long-term growth.
This position requires travel approximately 10% of the time
Minimum 3-5 years of experience cold-calling and in-person sales (Experience in association sales preferred but not required). Must excel at in-person and phone meetings with prospective members, building rapport, and closing sales in a professional manner. Ability to close all types of sales from: small regional businesses to C-level Executives at Fortune 500 companies. Must be creative in developing innovative new methods for member recruitment and proven success in implementing them. Preferred experience with renewable energy and solar technology preferred but not required. Advanced skills or experience with CRM database (preferred skills in Salesforce CRM and data.com). Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Strong skills in process management, database management, and project management with ability to work independently and as part of a team. Strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and manage others. Passion to grow within both position and organization. Ability to travel required. Must have a good sense of humor and interest in advancing clean energy in the U.S.
SEIA compensation is competitive and will commensurate with experience. This position offers a base compensation with the opportunity for incentive compensation based on achieving sales targets.
A bachelor's degree is required
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “2017-1 Membership Development Manager”. No calls please; direct applicants only, no search or placement firms. Positions are open until filled. SEIA is an equal opportunity employer. Learn more about SEIA at www.seia.org.