TRANSPORTATION OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
6 days left
- Full Time
- Any combination of education and/or experience to meet the required skills level needed.
- Experience in customer service or customer relations field.
- General knowledge of computer information systems, fax machine, copier, and calculator.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to establish effective working relationships with staff and the general public; and to manage a core transportation area.
- Experience with and knowledge of pupil transportation operations and procedures.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
Commercial Driver’s License with School Bus endorsements.JOB DESCRIPTION:
An employee in this position is responsible for one or more administrative functions in the Transportation Department. The employee’s primary duty will be to acknowledge information requests and concerns in a timely manner. The employee will be expected to obtain the needed information and/or process the request to the proper supervisor. In all cases this employee will be responsible for tracking the progress of citizen inquiries until completion. The Transportation Specialist generally works independently, coordinating with other transportation staff to successfully accomplish assigned duties and referring only unusual or nonstandard matters to the appropriate supervisor.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Day-to-day management of assigned transportation administrative functions.
- Receives requests for information or complaints on a daily basis.
- Tracks progress of customer service requests or complaints.
- Maintains a database of customer communications and generates reports of customer service interaction within the Transportation Department.
- Maintains communication with parents, citizens, or others as requests are being processed.
- Conducts exit interviews for transportation employees resigning from employment or the training program.
- Performs related work as required.
OUTSIDE APPLICANTS MUST UPDATE THEIR APPLICATION TO INDICATE WHICH POSITION(S) THEY ARE APPLYING FOR.CURRENT LCPS CLASSIFIED EMPLOYEES MUST SUBMIT AN INTERNAL APPLICATION AND LETTER OF INTEREST FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID). IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED A NEW RESUME WITHIN A YEAR AND/OR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE, PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME. JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE. APPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Classified Position, Level 15
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -