LEAD BUS DRIVER
- High school graduate and Commercial Driver’s License with school bus endorsement.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a school bus driver with a proven record of mastering skills of school bus driving.
- Knowledge of traffic and highway safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to effectively communicate, to work cooperatively and to manage behavior of students on bus.
- Ability to perform basic first aid procedures.
- Knowledge of all responsibilities of school bus drivers and attendants
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds; to climb stairs and ladders; to bend, kneel, crouch, and crawl; to hold, grasp, and turn objects; to use finders to operate computer keyboards; to feel shapes, size, and temperature of objects, to speak normally and to use normal or aided vision and hearing; to detect odors.
The Lead Bus Driver reports to the Area Supervisor.JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Lead Bus Driver assists Area Supervisors with school bus operations. The Lead Bus Driver evaluates bus stops, routes, and employee performance; coordinates with parents, principals, and citizens; coordinates school bus availability and out of service tracking; and assists Area Supervisors with responsibilities of department.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs routine observations of assigned routes and bus stops.
- Assists in developing bus routes and route changes, in substitute coordination, and in familiarizing driers with route assignments.
- Responds to emergency situations, including investigation motor vehicle accidents and completing accident reports.
- Prepares annual evaluation reports, consults with Supervisor and presents assigned employees with the evaluation document.
- Explains and enforces bus safety rules to employees, students, school administrators, and the general public.
- Reports defective equipment and performs related work as directed.
- Must be available to driver a school bus or attend on a school bus at any time as needed.
OUTSIDE APPLICANTS MUST UPDATE THEIR APPLICATION TO INDICATE WHICH POSITION(S) THEY ARE APPLYING FOR.CURRENT LCPS CLASSIFIED EMPLOYEES MUST SUBMIT AN INTERNAL APPLICATION AND LETTER OF INTEREST FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID). IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED A NEW RESUME WITHIN A YEAR AND/OR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE, PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME.
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.APPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Classified Position, Level 13
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -