INFORMATION SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
Graduation from high school and experience in operating PCs; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Knowledge of desktop PCs and standard office software such as spreadsheets, databases, and word processing; of school bus route planning concepts; of Loudoun County streets, road, and highways.
- Good human relations and communications skills.
The Information Systems Specialist reports to the Area Supervisor.JOB DESCRIPTION:
This is technical computer work in operating the automated school bus routing system. An employee in this position is responsible for operating the software that automatically develops school bus routes. The work includes entering data regarding bus routes, geographic locations, and other information, and uses the software to produce routes and plans. The work requires knowledge of bus routes and bus route planning concepts, which the employee applies while operating the system. A worker in this position initiates his/her own daily assignments, follows through on matters, and uses independent judgment and training to take appropriate actions to deal with standard recurring situations.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Regularly runs maintenance programs, updating the database with student data and map updates.
- Sets up new bus stops, re-works bus runs and routes, and creates new runs/routes in response to new schools and changes in student and/or map data; coordinates work with school bus staff.
- Confers with bus drivers to obtain information on actual run times for the purpose of updating run stops and times; provides bus stop time and bus number information to dispatch staff.
- Provides data regarding student counts to transportation staff for use in planning bus stop locations.
- Re-works all runs and routes during the summer months, and creates new kindergarten runs for the new school year.
- Analyzes current bus runs and routes to alleviate overcrowding and time limitation.
- Performs related work as required.
OUTSIDE APPLICANTS MUST UPDATE THEIR APPLICATION TO INDICATE WHICH POSITION(S) THEY ARE APPLYING FOR.CURRENT LCPS CLASSIFIED EMPLOYEES MUST SUBMIT AN INTERNAL APPLICATION AND LETTER OF INTEREST FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID). IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED A NEW RESUME WITHIN A YEAR AND/OR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE, PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME.
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.APPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Classified Position, Level 14
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -