PAYROLL SPECIALIST I - TRANSPORTATION
Graduation from high school and experience in performing accounting clerical work, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Knowledge of payroll processing procedures, standard office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to search for, select, compile and summarize data to identify discrepancies or inaccuracies.
- Ability to interpret and apply instructions and guidelines to specific situations, to determine work priorities and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and to work effectively during periods of heavy workloads and tight deadlines.
- Ability to provide guidance and instruction to other clerical personnel.
- Good human relations and communications skill.
The Payroll Specialist reports to the Transportation Coordinator – Time and Attendance.JOB DESCRIPTION:
This is specialized fiscal work in preparing time and attendance (TAA) records. An employee in this class is responsible for reviewing time reported, recording leave and validating time and attendance records all transportation employees. Work includes maintaining time and attendance reports, providing requested information to the Department of Business and Finance and providing direct oversight to all time and attendance records. Work is performed independently but is subject to detailed rules, regulations, procedures, and guides.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process time and attendance data for all classified transportation employees using Synovia Time and Attendance Software.
- Review time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies utilizing automated time and attendance system.
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and worked hour’s adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
- Inputs information into a computer; verifies accuracy of data input.
- Reports any discrepancies to appropriate Transportation administrator.
- Responds to inquiries regarding time worked, overtime management and leave usage and related matters.
- Performs related work as required.
OUTSIDE APPLICANTS MUST UPDATE THEIR APPLICATION TO INDICATE WHICH POSITION(S) THEY ARE APPLYING FOR.CURRENT LCPS CLASSIFIED EMPLOYEES MUST SUBMIT AN INTERNAL APPLICATION AND LETTER OF INTEREST FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID). IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED A NEW RESUME WITHIN A YEAR AND/OR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE, PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME.
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.APPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Classified Position, Level 12
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -