Aeronautical Data Qualtiy Engineer
6 days left
- Full Time
Provide Subject Matter Expertise and Systems Analysis for quality of aeronautical databases supporting CNS/ATM RNP RNAV flight.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide system analysis and requirements analysis on data compliance with civil and military CNS/ATM aeronautical data quality standards and requirements.
- Provide systems analysis and requirements analysis on compliance with military and civil equivalent aeronautical navigation data processing.
- Provide analysis of EUROCONTROL and other sovereign nation CNS/ATM requirements and differences with FAA requirements.
- Highlight areas when EUROCONTROL or sovereign nation requirements are more stringent.
- Review procedure data against available sources and TERPS requirements to determine if the procedure data matches the intent of the procedure design.
- Make recommendations on the safety of aeronautical data for its intended use.
- Utilize principles of systems engineering, and other engineering disciplines, to analyze and recommend solutions, and clarify requirements.
- Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, math, engineering or other related technical field and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience.
- Must have an Active Secret Clearance.
- Experience as a military or commercial air transport pilot or navigator including experience as a flight instructor of pilots or navigators.
- Thorough understanding of DAFIF and/or commercial flight data provider format, content, and relationships between commercial and military navigation database standards.
- Thorough understanding of trigonometry and 3 dimensional position and range calculations.
- Thorough understanding of GPS theory and how position is derived.
- Thorough understanding of radio and radar navigation and the limitations that exist.
- Strong Systems Analysis skills, with a background in aeronautical data quality evaluation.
- Understanding of Federal Aviation Regulations and CNS/ATM requirements.
- Familiarity with EUROCONTROL and other sovereign nation aviation regulations.
- Ability to work closely with NGA, FAA, NAVFIG, Aircraft Program Offices, and other navigation database stakeholders.
- Familiarity with DoD acquisition processes and Systems Engineering Technical Reviews.
- Strong communication skills, experienced team leader/builder, ability to work closely with multiple diverse teams simultaneously, and the drive to contribute to program success.
- Ability to work independently, or in a multi-discipline team.
- Desire and ability to leverage lessons learned by evaluating processes and solutions/conclusions from previous efforts.
- Intimate knowledge of RTCA/DO-200A, RTCA/DO-201A, FAAO 8260.3C and other related standards.
- Experience with air traffic control and FAA regulatory processes.
- Experience with RNAV and GPS procedure design (TERPS).
- Intimate knowledge of DAFIF specification, ARINC 424 specification, and other commercial navigation database formats.
- Experience with aircraft GPS navigation and flight management systems.
- Familiarity or understanding of state plane, cadastral or geodetic surveying
- Familiarity with Earth-form, geomagnetism and the geodetic/geodesic World mapping and location system.
- Familiarity with software development.
- Master's degree in computer science, math, engineering or other related technical field.