Receptionist/Visitor Control Clerk (Mon - Fri: 3:30pm-7:30pm)
Receives, greets, directs, identifies visitors/callers and controls access rights; ensuring compliance with all aspects of the IDA security program. Performs a variety of routine clerical duties such as maintaining logs, files, mail distribution and other duties as assigned.
- Serves as the Receptionist for the IDA facility in Alexandria, VA.
- Responsible for the lobby reception area to continuously present a professional image. Assures a high-level of customer satisfaction through polite, timely and effective handling of calls, requests and inquiries; prompt and appropriate referral of calls and timely delivery of messages. Receives, signs and distributes US registered and certified mail.
- Identifies visitors; directs and controls access rights.
- Cordially greets visitors and ensures that all visitors entering the controlled access areas in the IDA facility are registered and authorized. Determines nature of business and issues appropriate visitor security badges according to clearance level. Maintains the visitor log and requests file; tracks and records all issued security badges. Processes visitor requests; enters clearance information into the visitor database and/or researches information in DoD and IDA clearance databases; verifies foreign visitor authorization from the Export Control Office and Security. Coordinates with IDA hosts and facilitates smooth flow of visitors in the lobby area during meetings or seminars. Directs visitors to meeting location and collects electronic devices when required; ensuring compliance with all aspects of the IDA security program.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Education and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent and minimum six months administrative/ clerical experience.
- Ability to use a computer for word processing and data lookup.
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally and courteously both orally and in writing with all levels of employees and guests.
- Reliable attendance and punctuality is required.
- Good organization skills, attention to detail and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple demands and prioritize work load based on urgency.
- Ability to obtain and maintain necessary security clearances; Active Secret or above is preferred.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.