Senior / Principal Business Relationship Manager (884-679)
The Principal Business Relationship Manager (BRM) works as a strategic thought leader with assigned digital business investment areas of the organization for the purpose of organization-IT strategy development, solution discovery, and relationship management. The Principal BRM develops and nurtures critical relationships between the organization and Global Information Services (GIS). They provide highly-valued strategic consulting level support and guidance to organizational leaders and proactively serve as a “trusted advisor” to promote GIS’s vision, value, services and capabilities to help USP achieve organizational objectives through the use of technology. They also act as advocates on behalf of organizational stakeholders to ensure GlS services meet business priorities and needs.
Individuals in this role must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, negotiate, listen, mitigate conflict, build alliances and achieve desired results using strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills. The Principal BRM must have demonstrated acumen working with Executive leaders and with staff at all levels on issues across organizational and business-entity boundaries. Their knowledge of technology opportunities and risks are shared to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of USP.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Develops and nurtures strong relationships with business partners and acts as a liaison between information services teams and the business partner
- Leads strategic level discussions and provides consultation to organizational leaders; advises on options, risks, benefits, and impacts of technology solutions to leverage business outcomes.
- Determines the appropriate course of action for business needs: immediate resolution through existing functionality, support request for quick implementation, or as part of a larger effort.
- Promotes the organizational value of technology investments on behalf of the business to the IT leaders and the Executive Team; effectively works with others in formal or informal groups to manage, influence and negotiate. Actively manages customer expectations and communicates status of pending work
- Provides input to shape IT services to better meet business needs
- Leads technology roadmap construction and influences program and project initiatives in alignment with strategic goals
- Develops metrics used to track value delivery
- Provides details on cost, value, and opportunity to optimize IT spend (initiatives and support services)
- Consults with appropriate IT solution center, or Architect to gain alignment between business needs and technical capabilities
- Initiates and manages the development of business cases requiring IT-based solutions
- May establishes initial vendor relationships and maintains a forward-looking view of vendor direction
- May interface with vendors to understand whether vendor products will meet high level business needs
- Monitors that the solution is meeting the business’ expectations
- Maintains up-to-date awareness of the current and future directions of the industry and associated technologies, and, where appropriate, makes recommendations for implementation of new/upgraded systems and technologies
- Combines knowledge of multiple technology areas with knowledge of the targeted business function to advise on options, risks, benefits, and impacts of solutions to leverage business outcomes Maintains knowledge of multiple business functions and initiatives to identify where conﬂicts/synergies exist between technologies and business functions
- Mentors other BRMs on best practices and techniques
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Principal Business Relationship Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business, relevant field, or equivalent work experience, with at least ten years (10) of progressive experience in IT management, Business management, Consulting, as a Senior Business Relationship Manager, or Portfolio Manager providing highly-valued strategic consulting level support and guidance to organizational leaders.
- Proven experience developing and nurturing strong strategic relationships with appropriate level organizational partners and executive leaders; acting as a liaison between information services teams and the organizational partner.
Senior Business Relationship Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business, relevant field, or equivalent work experience, with at least eight years (8) of progressive experience in IT management, Business management, Consulting, as a Senior Business Relationship Manager, or Portfolio Manager.
- Possesses an up-to-date awareness of the current and future directions of the digital information industry, processes, and associated technologies, and pairs this with knowledge of the targeted organizational function to effectively liaise between groups.
- Demonstrated experience leading strategic level discussions and providing consultation to organizational leaders to advise on options, risks, benefits, and impacts of technology solutions to leverage business outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills: expresses technical and business concepts, ideas, feelings, opinions, and conclusions with high level of competency, both orally and in writing. Listens attentively and reinforces key concepts.
- Expert collaboration skills: possesses the ability to effectively work with others in formal or informal groups in the pursuit of a common vision, values and goals. Ability to manage, influence and negotiate drawing on the strengths of colleagues and giving credit to others' contributions and achievement
- Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle
- Experience working at a senior level within a Project Portfolio Management structure; possesses a deep understanding of project, program, portfolio processes.
- Possesses a general understanding of Information Security, Quality Assurance, and Enterprise Architecture.
- Understands how to use business transformation concepts to reframe how organizational partners view their business and their needs.
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular