Director of Business Development
Director of Business Development
James Bell Associates (JBA) is a leading evaluation and research services firm based in the Washington, D.C., area. Over the last three decades, JBA has established a national reputation for excellence for its work with innovative health and human services programs run by federal, state, and local governments and by universities, foundations, and private firms. JBA is known for its customized approaches to planning and conducting independent program evaluation and applied research and for offering practical technical assistance and training to enhance clients' performance measurement capability.
JBA has an immediate position available for an experienced Director of Business Development. The ideal candidate is a dedicated, market-focused professional who understands deadline-driven work, can manage a business development team, and can work both independently and within a research-oriented environment.
- Provides strategic vision and support for marketing and business development.
- Manages the production of key sections of proposals.
- Manages the building, maintaining, and management of the firm’s extensive collection of corporate qualifications, project descriptions, resumes, bios, proposals, and collateral marketing materials.
- Manages the analysis of solicitation requirements and preparation of proposal plans (including components such as graphics and appendices).
- Manages the tracking of business opportunities and monitoring of external procurement sites to identify potential new projects (solicitations, RFPs, RFQs, IDIQs, etc.).
- Works as part of JBA’s team to implement marketing strategies, including evaluating new markets and strengthening existing areas.
- Identifies and attends market-specific events, preproposal sessions, seminars, and industry networking opportunities.
- Manages the development of compelling marketing materials, including Web content.
- Manages market research and provides analysis and recommendations to the JBA management team.
- Manages multiple activities simultaneously in an effective and efficient manner under tight deadlines.
- Works with JBA’s Communications Department to present a consistent appearance and style for all marketing communications.
- Organizes marketing conference participation, exhibits, and materials.
- Minimum of a BA or BS degree in liberal arts, marketing, business, communications, or journalism.
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in business development for a professional services firm (research and evaluation preferred).
- Experience in supervision of business development staff preferred.
- Prior experience with proposals for federal and state government agencies and foundations preferred.
- Extensive MS Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Excel experience required.
- Management of Web research and content development experience preferred.
- Written and oral communication and time management skills required.
Salary and level of responsibilities commensurate with skills and experience. JBA offers an excellent benefit package and is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our Web site at www.jbassoc.com to learn more about our firm and to see our project portfolio.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and relevant work samples (5MB max) to: firstname.lastname@example.org