Looking for an experienced level tax role at an energetic & passionate company? Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman, a Bethesda, MD CPA Firm is in search of a Tax Accountant to join our team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares corporate, non-profit, partnership and S-corporation tax returns.
- Prepares personal tax projections through utilization of computer software.
- Reviews tax information submitted by client for completeness.
- Organizes & assembles client’s tax data for accurate completion of individual tax returns.
- Makes adjusting entries and completes trial balances in order to prepare a tax return.
- Drafting of tax returns for review by Seniors, Supervisors and Managers.
- Responds to tax notices of any sort and does initial drafts of any letters required.
- Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- CPA is preferred.
- At least 2 years or more experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of tax preparation and accounting tasks.
- Experience in preparing Form 5500 is a plus.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of ProSystems is a plus.
This is a full time position. Our office is located 2 blocks from the metro. Our benefits include company match 401(k) plan, paid individual medical and a culture that fosters flexibility and career development. We look forward to hearing from you!