Marketing Coordinator - Concessions & Theaters
Marketing Coordinator, Theaters & Concessions
Smithsonian Enterprises (SE), a division of the Smithsonian Institution, is currently seeking an organized and creative Marketing Coordinator to oversee the planning, prep, and execution of marketing initiatives to increase on-site capture - primarily to the Smithsonian IMAX Theaters, Planetarium and Concessions. Marketing initiatives include: project management, public relations, advertising and promotional campaigns, market research, development and production of collateral for film launches and partnership activities with Smithsonian Museums and partners.
- Oversight of signage and advertisement production, development and execution of advertising, public relations and promotional campaigns and visitor research projects.
- Works with internal and external partners to develop collateral for films/retail promotions, ensuring that materials adhere to policy, support businesses and meet deadlines.
- Partners with media, tourism and other organizations about new film launches and promotions.
- Works with PR agencies/media consultants to ensure the largest possible launch in the market place. Leverages communications tools and museum relationships to expand outreach and promotion of films and events.
- Recommends new advertising and promotions.
- Manages visitor research projects. Develops survey tools, tabulates and analyzes survey and POS data. Drafts and issues final reports on findings.
- Serves as museum liaison and works with museum partners on joint theater/exhibition ventures, campaigns, retail promotions and other projects.
- Partners with Retail management to provide timely updates on activities and budget, and ensures that marketing programs are implemented within budget.
- Performs administrative tasks (project filing, financial analysis, marketing program investments) as needed.
- Evaluates and adjusts programs to ensure key metrics support maximum return on invested marketing dollars.
- Maintains social media accounts and digital marketing efforts, including advertising, email newsletters, SEM and website management.
Requires 2 to 4 years experience and training in marketing. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field
Experience with creative development is required. Excellent Partnering and Interpersonal skills. Strategic thinker who manages change. Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to make presentations. Ability to negotiate effectively with partners, vendors, and suppliers. Strong quantitative, qualitative, and analytical skills. Budgeting experience. Ability to plan and execute numerous major projects simultaneously. Strong time management and attention to detail.
Proficiency in XL, Outlook, and other tools for coordinating and tracking a complex set of components. Social media, event planning and digital marketing experience is preferred. Attention to detail and high organizational skills.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter, including salary requirements, to: SERetailjobs@si.edu. Please include job title in the subject line. Application materials sent without salary information will not be considered.
Final candidate selection will be subject to the applicant’s successful completion of a pre-employment background check and subsequent background investigation. Selectee will be required to serve a one year probationary period.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Transit/Commuter Benefits, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Annual and Sick Leave, Family Friendly Leave, 403b Retirement Plan, Discounts for Smithsonian Memberships, Museum Stores and Restaurants, Credit Union, Smithsonian Early Enrichment Center (Child Care), Flexible Spending Account (Health & Dependent Care)
Salary Commensurate with experience
This is not a federal service position. Relocation expenses are not paid.
Apply for Marketing Coordinator - Concessions & Theaters
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly