Administrative Coordinator - Part Time - HCGH
- Part Time
Accepts responsibility for providing administrative support to all departments, and facilitating hospital operations, on 24/7 basis including holidays. Professional management person responsible for coordination and direction of hospital operations, and clinical and administrative activities in absence of clinical managers, department heads and administration. Ensures that hospital operations continue, and needs of patients and families are met, in effective and efficient manner. When needed, communicates to on-call administrative staff, to keep them informed of significant occurrences and further direction. Supports Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Health.Job Description Details:
Minimum Licensure & Certification Required (if applicable):
1. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from accredited school of nursing; Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), or Master of Business Administration (MBA), preferred.
2. Current license from Maryland Board of Nursing or Compact State as Registered Nurse (RN).
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
1. Minimum of five (5) years of experience in hospital, including variety of direct contacts with clinical services, materials management, medical staff, and patient admission departments.
2. Two (2) years of management experience.
3. Capable of assessing problems in clinical setting, evaluating alternative approaches, and implementing action, to control or correct problems.
4. Capable of establishing and maintaining effective and cooperative working relationships with medical, nursing, ancillary, and administrative staffs.
5. Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
6. Effective communication skills.
7. May be required to lift minimum of 15-35 pounds, as determined by nature of nursing unit; must be able to push, pull and lift patients and patient care equipment; must be able to bend body downward at waist and be able to kneel.
8. Must have visual accuracy and auditory acuity.
1. Responsible for identifying all hazardous materials in work area, and all employees with potential exposure, in order to provide them with necessary personal protective devices and appropriate training.
2. Responsible for ensuring that all employees strictly adhere to all measures necessary for compliance with hospital safety policies, and applicable Federal, State and agency safety related requirements and regulations.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.