Director/Associate Director of Program Management, Executive Degree Programs - McDonough School of
Director/Associate Director of Program Management, Executive Degree Programs - McDonough School of Business
Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business (MSB) - located at the intersection of business, government, and international relations - develops principled leaders committed to serving both business and society. Through our global perspective, we prepare students to compete in today's international business environment. The overall goal of its Office of Marketing and Communications is to increase visibility of the McDonough School of Business. Our Executive Degree Programs cater to the lifestyle and learning style of busy professionals, providing an advanced business degree with a global emphasis. All executive degree programs are taught by professors who are academic and industry leaders. Most programs feature international consulting projects that immerse students in business cultures around the world. As part of the Georgetown community, students are connected to peers, professors, professionals, and alumni — a valuable network that is characteristic of all Georgetown University programs. The result is a transformational experience — on both a professional and personal level.
The Director/Associate Director of Program Management delivers one or two key programs and takes a leadership role in managing the delivery of several Executive Degree Program accounts at Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business. S/he has many responsibilities, including management of program management team, staff development, project management, event management, student management, quality control, and program delivery, both on-site at Georgetown as well as offsite, domestically and internationally. Reporting to the Senior Assistant Dean for Executive Degree Programs (EDP), the Director/Associate Director has duties than include but are not limited to:
Directs all functions required for the successful delivery of graduate degree and customized corporate programs
- Global Executive MBA (GEMBA): Directs pre-program and orientation programs and briefings, domestic and international residencies, faculty coordination, technical application development and management, alumni- and community-networking activities, and graduation planning and ceremonies.
- Corporate International Master's in Business (CIM): Directs pre-program and ongoing client consultations regarding program delivery, organization of special events, catering, classroom allocation, transportation, relevant contracts, and site visits to places such as the NYSE, the US Capitol and other venues relevant to the curriculum
- GEMBA & CIM: Ensures the timely delivery of high quality educational materials and support to students by interacting with faculty as needed to obtain materials, managing the program-specific pages on Moodle and the web, and inspecting course materials (both print and electronic) to ensure that all course materials are produced to a high standard.
- Across all program activities, manages the monitoring of program quality and identification of opportunities for improvement, as well as the development and implementation of new/improved high-quality services and programs.
- Collaborates with the Director of Academic Affairs to tailor and deliver student surveys of program quality; interacts with current students (and faculty) to gain their feedback; and analyzes student input to develop specific actions for program improvement.
- Maintains effective communication with students through the use of internet (Moodle/ email), notices, and in person; and advises and counsels students (40) regarding University and MSB policies and processes.
- Provides a consistent presence for on-campus programs, serving as the point-person for the duration of CIM program.
- Works with Assistant Dean and other MSB and Georgetown offices to develop and implement programs for executive program alumni communication and involvement, enhancing integration with other McDonough and Georgetown University alumni.
- Provides the Assistant Dean and Business Development with recommendations for program enhancement/improvement; and collaborates with Assistant Dean for Business Development to develop program goals and objectives, metrics for success, and planning for future needs.
- Works cooperatively with Directors/Managers of Marketing, Program Development, Academic Affairs and Admissions to target and recruit well-qualified, seasoned executives for GEMBA and CIM programs.
- Collaborates as necessary on the delivery of information sessions, interviews applicants and participates with admissions committees in applicant decisions.
- Assists in marketing the programs, including input on current marketing materials and websites.
- Monitors and adheres to the GEMBA / CIM budgets for program delivery; and investigates and develops new contracting relationships that will improve MSB's delivery of high quality, high value programs and services.
- During MSB's strategic planning period, collaborates with the Associate Dean and Assistant Dean to develop 1- and 3-year budget forecasts for GEMBA and CIM Programs.
- Bachelor's degree - Master's preferred
- At least 5+ years of experience motivating and managing service-oriented teams and creating strong relationships across a complex organization
- Fluency in Spanish
- Innovative operational expertise with the ability to create enthusiasm around a shared vision
- Proven ability to execute an established strategy with P&L responsibility
- Excellent decision-making ability and a student service orientation
- Strong operational skills, including financial analysis and reporting
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well with senior executives and faculty members, as well as a deep commitment to establishing strong relationships with all constituents of the program
- Respectful, supportive management style with a commitment to motivating and developing team members
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- International experience and/or fluency in more than one language.
- Deep familiarity with the delivery of executive education and/or corporate training
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.