Senior Automated Tester
I know you know GEICO for insurance. But we also want you to know us for great careers, too. We are techunexpected.com
GEICO - a proven online and mobile industry leader -- seeks a highly motivated, experienced Senior Tester to join our growing IT Testing team. With more than 2,000 people working in IT at GEICO, not only are we a top employer for tech pros, we're also at the cutting edge of our industry. We're utilizing emerging technologies to drive results, enhance our customers' online experiences, and impact bottom line results. The IT Testing team is seeking a highly motivated associate to join as a Senior Tester with responsibility for the testing support/solutions for various applications.
The candidate will be responsible for creating and maintaining test strategies and test plans/cases to include: developing, maintaining automated test scripts/cases; test case execution for manual and automation test cases; triaging/opening test defects.
The candidate must have a proven ability of successfully performing testing responsibilities, as well as a commitment to learn and apply new technologies quickly. The candidate must also be able to work in a team environment, as well as independently in driving results across multiple projects at different phases of development/testing.
• Minimum 5 years IT Testing experience with large/complex development and maintenance projects
• Proven ability to create test artifacts (strategies, test plans and test cases
• Proven experience with creating and executing manual test cases, as well as scripting and executing automated test scripts
• 2-3 years' experience using HP's automated testing software ALUM/UFT and /or MS Visual Studio for Tester
• Proven analytical skills in solving problems
• Proven ability to learn quickly and understand new business systems and processes
• Proven ability as someone who is self-motivated and can work independently, while also working as an integral part of a team in a fast paced environment
• Working knowledge of project management and be able to build and manage project plans
• Familiar with Agile Development Best Practices a plus
• Experience MS SQL Server, C#, Selenium a plus
• Policy application systems experience a plus
About GEICO For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years. DBT #LI-Post1