Guest Service Representative Mclean, VA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- All employees are required to assist any customer or potential customer in a prompt, courteous, friendly, and helpful manner at all times.
- Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests in accordance with established front office procedures.
- Issues room key and escort instructions to guest as appropriate.
- Transmits and receives messages using equipment such as telephone, fax and switchboard.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Understands and complies with Company's established front office operating procedures, including Signature Training, Accounting Manual Policies and Procedures, Cash Handling Procedures, and Credit Card Policy and Procedures.
- Understands the governmental laws and regulations that affect front office operations, ensuring that front office duties are performed in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, state or municipal authority.
- Keep updated and accurate records of room availability and guests' accounts.
- Computes bill, collects payment, and makes change for guests.
- Operates Property Management Systems and interfaces.
- Maintains log of guest issues.
- May make and confirm reservations for guests.
- Posts charges to guest folios in an accurate and timely manner, such as room, food or telephone charges.
- May make restaurant, transportation, or entertainment reservations for guests.
- May deposit guests' valuables in hotel safe or safe deposit box.
- May assist with other departments as needed.
- Job requires working some nights, weekends, and holidays.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; customer service or related experience and/or training preferred.