Ultrasound Technician - Sonographer
Outstanding Ultrasound Technician - Sonographer Opportunity at Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA!
Come Join Our Team of health care providers at Joint Base Langley-Eustis and experience the immense pride others have discovered in caring for Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
* Excellent Pay & Benefits!
* Full Time Position Days, Monday - Friday!
* NO Weekends! NO Holidays!
* PTO! 10 Paid Federal Holidays!
* CME Stipend!
* Malpractice Insurance Provided
DUTIES: Include, but are not limited to the following:
* Retrieves and inputs information to and from Radiology PACS system. Retrieves and inputsinformation to and from CHCS. Performs various administrative duties to include scheduling,reception of patients and provides procedural instructions.
* Operate ultrasound scanners. Operate the linear, sector, and endovaginal probes as well as pulse and color Doppler capabilities of provided scanners.
* Receive and interpret requests or instructions for diagnostic ultrasound scans; perform assigned quality control checks of the ultrasound scanners.
* Perform a full range of diagnostic ultrasonic examinations including but not limited to:obstetrical sonography, including imaging of all fetal anatomy in order to obtain accurate datingand growth parameters and evaluate for fetal abnormalities and problems with the pregnancy;pelvic sonography, including imaging of all pelvic anatomy to attain accurate assessment ofsuspected pathology; and endovaginal sonography exams to obtain accurate assessment ofsuspected pelvic pathology; abdominal sonography to include all major organs and systems ofthe abdomen; small parts sonography to include scans of the breast, thyroid and testicles; andlimited vascular sonography to include carotid, aortic, upper and lower extremity venous duplexscans.
* Performs numerous complex sonographic scanning on all anatomical areas for in-utero, neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. Assists radiologist and/or other physicians in performing invasive diagnostic techniques such as biopsies, aspirations and intraoperative localization of lesions, or other similar procedures.
* Identify abnormalities during testing and determine need for additional scans of affected area.
* Recognize anatomic variants and determine which other area(s) of the body should be scanned.
* Use a detailed understanding of diseases of anatomy to accomplish effective ultrasound scanning.
* Advise the physician of results of the examination and provide them with a preliminary diagnosis.
* Notify physician of significant scans requiring immediate attention.
* Maintain and clean ultrasound equipment on a regular basis in accordance with department standards.
* Stock and maintain an adequate level of supplies required to ultrasound examinations.
* Recommend necessary repairs when diagnostic quality is degraded.
* Make minor adjustments on equipment. Differentiate artifacts from normal or pathological processes and recognize electronic equipment limitations. Program the examination equipment, set up the machine and scanning techniques to be employed.
* Recognize the need for and institute the necessary emergency measures for situations where a person requires resuscitation procedures due to cardiac or respiratory arrest.
* Registration: Current registration as a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in Ultrasound.
* Experience : Must have a minimum of 1 year of full-time experience within the last 2 years Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer.
* Certification: Possess and maintain a current BLS certification (American Heart Association – Healthcare Provider).
* Must be a U.S citizen and have the ability to pass a background check and security clearance.
STAFFING & SCHEDULING:
* Services shall be provided between the hours of 0730 to 1630 Monday through Friday – eight hour shift and a one hour uncompensated lunch will be given during the shift as determined by the clinic.
* Some on call hours are associated with this position.
Platinum Business Corporation, provides experienced and committed health care personnel and related health care services to the federal government and private industry. EEO www.platinumcorporation.com