The Account Manager is responsible for developing and managing relationships with assigned CAQH accounts that result in the following:
- Understanding the value proposition of CAQH services.
- Maximized revenue from the CAQH services that accounts have purchased.
- Up-sell and expanded utilization of CAQH services by existing accounts.
- Recognition and understanding of the CAQH mission and vision.
The position requires a demonstrated ability to develop and manage complex relationships, identify customer needs, develop and execute plans and effectively identify and communicate value propositions to multiple decision makers. The position is full-time exempt.
- Proactively build strong account staff relationships and manage assigned tier one accounts to achieve CAQH revenue goals and up-sell appropriate CAQH services.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of CAQH, its services and how they benefit assigned accounts.
- Develop and execute account specific strategies that identify client needs and positions CAQH services to meet those needs.
- Identify and analyze any client dissatisfaction and develop recommendations on how to address.
- Help drive solution development efforts to address account needs and coordinate the involvement of all necessary CAQH personnel.
- Track account activities, identify and report trends, and incorporate findings into existing and future plans.
- Identify, assess, and share market demands, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitor activities that can impact account goals and strategic objectives with senior management.
- Cultivate stakeholder and industry relationships to promote CAQH services and incorporate their feedback.
- Respond to all client inquiries in an informed, timely and professional manner; captures all necessary information to track each client’s needs.
- Track and report client interactions using CRM and Smartsheet ensuring that systems are synchronized and current.
- Learns and shows proficiency in the functions of CAQH ProView, Sanctions, COB and EnrollHub. Acts as a SME for assigned clients.
- Act as back up to Director, Account Management.
- Mentor Account Managers and Account Relation Specialist.
- Perform collection activities as required.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as may be required to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
- Excellent writing and documentation skills.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Outstanding attention to detail and good time management and organizational skills.
- Flexibility, reliability and follow-through skills necessary.
- Ability to experience negative results and yet retain and sustain focus, professionalism and enthusiasm for work and CAQH products over an extended period of time.
- Exceptional interpersonal and telephone communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with the client.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks seamlessly without a drop in quality. Strong attention to detail and the ability to follow consistently to resolve concerns and ensure client satisfaction.
- Ability to interact, cooperate and work closely with all levels of internal and external colleagues.
- Ability to work independently and sustain high level of motivation and enthusiasm.
- Possesses a strong work ethic and desire to contribute individually, to the team, and to the organization.
- Five or more years of account management and/or sales experience in health insurance or health information technology companies is strongly preferred.
- Proven history of successful account management: promoting a product or service while developing and managing successful client relationships.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Marketing, Communications, Healthcare Administration or a related field.
- Masters degree a plus.