Competent Director of Revenue
Sparks Group is partnered with a leading international intellectual research non-profit organization with locations in DC and NY. We are hiring a Head of Revenue to lead a team of 4. This person will oversee a team responsible for validating grant award set-up, evaluating cost transfers and reclassifications, managing A/R and the PeopleSoft Billing processes. The team will also be responsible for preparing financial reports to sponsors, evaluating revenue recognition, reporting on financial data to leadership, participating in internal and external audits, creating and managing to performance metrics, and reviewing and updating relevant policies and procedures as it relates to revenue, billing and accounts receivable. This is an excellent opportunity to work with an established organization which offers excellent benefits to include 403(b) with contributions, FSA, President’s Award, Fellowship programs, and more!
- Oversees revenue recognition ensuring revenue is recognized in accordance with appropriate accounting policies
- Validates the award set-up process in the PeopleSoft FSCM 9.2 Grants, Contracts, and Project Costing modules to conform with award
- Prepares indirect cost rate proposals and ensure compliance with applicable US government guidance
- Prepares, monitors, and analyzes Statement of Activities and Functional Expenditures monthly basis
- Assists in preparing for the year-end audits including the financial statements, Uniform Guidance compliance audit, and pension plan audits.
- Ensures compliance with the Uniform Guidance and contract agreements
- Gathers data and prepare financial reports for internal and external audiences
- Analyzes financial information and research variances
- Serves as the main point of contact for audit requests and auditor selections
- Conducts day to day reporting activities as requested
- Reviews and approves invoices for grants, contracts and contributions while following agency costing guidance and OMB Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200).
- Reviews management reports for related to the Revenue, Billing, and A/R team operations
- Supervises a team
- Responsible for all sponsor financial reporting, including federal financial reporting
- Validates the award set-up process in the PeopleSoft FSCM 9.2 Grants, Contracts, and Project Costing modules to conform with award criteria (e.g. cost reimbursable, fixed fee, and fixed price awards)
- Contributes to the annual federal OMB Single Audit (i.e. legacy OMB Circular A-133 audit) and provides cost and billing information for internal audits, external agency audits and desk reviews.
- Bachelors’ degree is required
- CPA is preferred
- At least 8 years of grant accounting experience is required
- Experience using PeopleSoft 9.2 including Grants, Contracts, Project Costing, Billing and Accounts Receivable modules is required
- Experience in managing federal awards, endowment and restricted contribution accounting is required
- Demonstrated experience managing teams
- General knowledge of GAAP Principles
Qualified candidates should send their resume to Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Apply for Competent Director of Revenue
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly