Research Analyst - Operational Evaluation Division
The Operational Evaluation Division (OED) has an immediate career opening for an Analyst to support the Department of Defense's assessment of the operational effectiveness, suitability, survivability, and lethality of Land Warfare and Chemical and Biological Defense-related Major Defense Acquisition Programs. IDA takes great pride in the high caliber and timeliness of its analyses, which are produced in an atmosphere that encourages independent thinking and objective results. Work at IDA is conducted in a team environment and often involves a multi-disciplinary approach.
The Analyst will support and advise mid- and senior-level civilian and military officials regarding the operational evaluation of military weapons and chemical and biological sensors. The position involves analyzing the design, execution, and results of operational testing and associated modeling and simulation activity, and providing an independent assessment to Department of Defense’s Director, Operational Test and Evaluation. Close interaction with officials responsible for the planning, development, and execution of tests is an essential function of the job. Travel is required.
- Candidates must have one of the following education/experience combinations:
- A Doctoral degree in Chemistry, Biology, or Physics coupled with relevant work experience (via government, industry, fellowships, or internships); OR
- A Doctoral degree in the Medical field (to include a Veterinary degree) or Operations Research coupled with experience in military operations, CBRN or Hazardous Material response work; OR
- A Master’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, or Physics, Operations Research, or a National Security discipline coupled with 10+ years’ experience; experience must include CBRN or Hazardous Material response work.
- Must have experience compiling and analyzing scientific data.
- Candidates selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information as required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.