The Financial Technician performs a variety of paraprofessional accounting duties required to maintain complex financial records and performs related administrative duties as required or assigned. This job reports to Financial Analyst of Educational Facilities.
- Education: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree. Post high school course work in Finance and Accounting preferred.
- Experience: Five years of office and accounting experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required.
- Key Competencies:
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Excel. Experience with Tyler MUNIS system a plus.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles and procurement regulations.
- Ability to manage and manipulate spreadsheet/graphing and other detailed features of program.
- Advanced math and ability to manage complex data, read technical information, and compose a variety of documents.
- Assists with the maintenance of monthly financial reporting tools to provide details for budget and actuals including revenue, expenditures, encumbrances and commitments.
- Assists with the development of a standard financial reporting package.
- Assists with maintenance of accounting system processes, planning procedures, and guidelines on how to prepare/run financial reports needed by the facilities department.
- Assists with creation and maintenance of all procedures for the budgeting, accounting and expenditure for all facilities office, Capital Improvement Budgeted funds for the purpose of financial consistency.
- Assists with the City Office of Management and Budget in the allocation, accounting, and payment of Capital Improvement funds.
- Assists in the maintenance of accounting files using database or other electronic forms to retrieve financial controls.
- Manages all incoming invoices, designates or reviews the proper account coding, verifies appropriate level of management approval, and ensures sufficient backup document for payment.
- Creates and/or amends purchase orders in accounting system according to ACPS guidelines.
- Ensures that goods receipts are posted and invoices are paid in accordance with ACPS contracted payment terms.
- Responds to a variety of inquiries from internal and external parties (e.g. staff, vendors, etc.) in a timely manner to provide information, facilitate communication among parties and/or provide direction.
- Collaborates with business owners and/or business units to identify appropriate solutions to purchase order and invoice issues.
- Maintains a variety of files and records manual/electronically; (confidential/non-confidential) including budget, maintenance contracts, inventory, and calendars to provide documentation in accordance with administrative and legal requirements.
- Processes and prepares a variety of written materials and documents (e.g. purchase orders, price quotes, accounting reports, etc.) to disseminate information in compliance with program, district, state and/or federal requirements.
- Creates and/or maintains strong working relationships with all vendors, Accounts Payable, Procurement, Finance, and Legal teams etc.
- Supports assigned administrative and department personnel to provide assistance with administrative functions.
- Assists Public and other personnel as may be required to ensure an efficient and effective work environment.
- Attends meetings and workshops to record events and convey and/or receive information.
- Other duties as assigned by management.