Coordinator, Responsible Mining & Energy
The Coordinator position is responsible for supporting the Responsible Mining and Energy (RM&E) Program within CI’s Center for Environmental Leadership in Business. The RM&E Program seeks to transform the mining and energy sectors to sustainable production by: working in collaboration with corporate, government and NGO partners to promote industry collaboration and alignment, working one-on-one with corporations to develop and implement sustainable production programs and investment strategies, and working with CI field programs to design and implement programs that demonstrate the ability to transition these industries to sustainable systems. The position reports to the Senior Director of the Responsible Mining and Energy Program.
The Coordinator will support the RM&E Program in organizing events, coordinating internal and external working group or project-based meetings, taking and distributing notes from meetings and conducting research to ensure effective delivery of program objectives. The Coordinator will also support the RM&E Program in research and analysis that contributes to successful partnerships with companies, sector associations, governments, and communities. The position will also coordinate and support operational management of the RM&E Program, and assist in the coordination of mining and energy-related programs and institutional networks across CI.
Responsible Mining and Energy Program Coordination (Percentage of time: 35%)
- Provide coordination to CI’s RM&E Program to support communication and engagement with corporate partners and industry stakeholders, including scheduling and coordinating meetings and workshops, preparing meeting agendas and logistics, supporting development of presentations.
- Position will also support program fundraising efforts through pipeline research and tracking, and proposal coordination.
Research + Analysis (Percentage of time: 25%)
- Conduct research, analysis, and writing to support implementation and delivery of the Responsible Mining and Energy program’s priorities and partnerships. Also, support due diligence and benchmarking processes for mining & energy partnerships.
CI Responsible Mining and Energy Communication (Percentage of time: 20%)
- Coordinate a semi-formal RM&E Learning Network across CI that ensures clear communication and sharing of lessons learned across CI’s mining and energy-related projects and supports a “One CI” approach to mining and energy engagements.
- Support development of external communications materials including an RM&E newsletter, updated website content, and other externally-facing communications products.
Responsible Mining and Energy Program Administration (Percentage of time: 20%)
- Support the administration (i.e. tracking program deliverables, scheduling team meetings, etc.), financial management, annual planning, periodic reporting, and overall coordination of the RM&E Program, as well as other duties as assigned.
- This position is located in the Arlington, Virginia HQ office.
- The Coordinator may travel internationally and domestically to support the Responsible Mining and Energy Program (<10% of time).
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (environmental studies, business and sustainability, international development, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- 2-5 years of experience working in environment, international development, mining, energy, infrastructure, and / or business and sustainability.
- Demonstrated success in fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Highly developed ability to synthesize and communicate information to a variety of audiences
- Experience working in a diverse, cross-cultural environment
- MS Office suite fluency
- Experience working directly with companies on sustainability issues
- Experience assisting in the development of proposals and agreements
- Experience supporting the administration of contracts and grants
- Experience assisting in the development of and management of program budgets
- Working knowledge of Bahasa (Indonesia), French, Chinese (Mandarin), Spanish, or Portuguese
- Communications and design software (i.e. InDesign, MS Publisher, etc.) and MS Sharepoint experience
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter.