The Leasing Manager is responsible for all leasing and re-leasing activities for a student apartment community. Duties include but are not limited to data entry, file creation and management, receptionist and project based work. Projecting a customer focused and professional image through in-person and telephone interaction with all internal and external customers is essential. The Leasing Manager is an integral member of the marketing and sales staff who highlights the positive aspects of living in the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Takes the lead in all leasing activity for the Courtyards at University of Maryland by providing information and publications about leasing, re-leasing, lease cancellation, and other occupancy issues to callers and on site visitors.
- Forwards callers to appropriate personnel or departments.
- Ensures office is tidy and well organized.
- Answers basic account questions from residents.
- Assists with all move-in and move-out procedures.
- Manages/coordinates resident key system.
- Issues receipts for the lease reservation and application fees for new residents.
- Enters all new resident information into databases as required.
- Reads, responds to and/or forwards messages in email account.
- Manages the distribution of all resident communication about leasing.
- Coordinates with the AD on resident mailings such as move-in letters, re-leasing confirmations, and move-out letters.
- Creates and maintains new and future resident files with attention to accuracy and accountability.
- Creates and prints office forms and publications, ensuring an ample supply is always available.
- Administers the lease reservation fee return process including data entry, tracking, and moving files.
- Assists with all leasing events including info sessions, tabling events, special program nights, and open leasing.
- Assists with all marketing efforts including but not limited to leasing tours, etc.
- Works with Website Manager to ensure accurate, updated information is available to residents and the public.
- Completes weekly reports that detail lease/occupancy data and submits to the AD.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of market conditions and competitors.
- Develop and maintain relationships with students, parents, various University offices and organizations, and property staff.
- Have a thorough understanding of the property, including floor plans, dimensions, amenities, pricing and availability.
- Conduct monthly file audits to ensure accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Benefits: Competitive pay Excellent medical, dental and vision Life and long term disability insurance coverage 401(k) program with company matching contributions.
Demonstrated experience in housing/leasing, and customer service are all desired. Evening and weekend hours are required during peak operational times. At least 3 years professional experience is preferred. The rate of pay is $18 per hour.