Network System Support Engineer
Sparks Group is currently partnering with a Cloud Services company that has a strong reputation in security. This company’s infrastructure, network and solutions were designed and built to exceed the requirements of the US Department of Defense (DoD) and the Intelligence Community. Protecting the US Government Data is vital to the security of the nation.. The Network System Support Engineer will be working in a secured US Government facility in the DC Metro Area. This position requires U.S. Citizenship and candidates must be eligible to obtain a Secret Clearance or above. The company will sponsor for the security clearance, after the contract-to-hire period.
- Installing, monitoring, managing, operating, and troubleshooting communications networks in large, US telecommunications facilities.
- Managing systems and network performance, network security (data/voice communications equipment, multiplexers, data terminal equipment’s, and other transmission media).
- Performing network alarms and alerts to identify any degradation or failures to the systems.
- This position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Existing or Active Security Clearance is highly preferred.
- 5+ years of network and systems engineering experience in the telecommunications environment, utilizing data/voice communications equipment, routers, switches, multiplexers, hubs, data terminal equipment, and network monitoring.
- Experience with Windows Server, Red Hat and or UNIX operating systems.
- Experience with migration and maintenance of commercial Cloud technology.
- CERTS are Highly Preferred in Microsoft, Red Hat or Cisco technologies (MCSA, MCSE, MCSD, RHCSA, RHCE, CCNA, CCNP, etc.).
Experience with the Following Hardware/Equipment:
- HP, Supermicro, Dell servers
- Routers – CISCO
- CISCO & Juniper Switches
- Palo Alto Firewalls or other Firewalls
Qualified candidates should send their resume to Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!