Job Description: Systems Administrator
Reports to: Chief Information Officer
Department: Corporate Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Summary: The Systems Administrator is responsible for provisioning, installing, and maintaining systems hardware, software, and other IT related peripherals. The Systems Administrator assists in innovating reliability in the IT infrastructure through technical research, testing, and implementation to ensure that hardware, operating systems, software, and work processes adhere to company expectations and needs.
Duties and Responsibilities: Primary responsibilities include maintaining user system standards, development and maintenance of installation and configuration procedures. Install and repair hardware, software, and peripherals to operational standards. Communicate and coordinate with users to recover data from system failures. Create, change and delete user accounts as needed. Assist in maintaining and monitoring existing servers, nodes, clusters and backups. Research new innovations and upgrades, as well as possible automation of system administrative tasks, and identify possible future infrastructure concerns. Maintain inventory of all hardware, software and IT assets. Other responsibilities include supporting conferences, configuring conference call bridges and video equipment, supporting internal meetings, and mentoring new IT staff and new employees.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of Windows 7, 8, and 10 troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of Dell workstation and laptop hardware
- The ability to work with employees at all levels
- Strong knowledge of Novell network environment
- Strong knowledge of workstation imaging software
- Working knowledge of LINUX
- Working knowledge of PRTG Network Monitor
- Personable, detail oriented, able to manage time effectively, and handle multiple tasks
- Highly organized individual who is self-motivated, reliable, and energetic
- A high level of discretion and professionalism due to the highly sensitive and confidential information involved
- Ability to respond quickly when on-call; 24/7 at times.
Credentials and Experience: A Bachelor degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or demonstrated equivalent experience. Experience must include 4 years in a Novell environment providing network troubleshooting, support and administration.