Desktop Support Technician II
General Dynamics IT is currently looking for a dedicated Desktop Support Technician to join our team to support the Information Management Division (IMD) at United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases.
The Information Management Division (IMD) is USAMRIID's primary provider of Information Technology support, systems, and services. The Desktop Technician II will be responsible in following support services.
- Provide sustainment of visual information conference room equipment.
- Coordinate customer scheduling of conference room facilities.
- Produce media (audio and video) for promotion of USAMRIID mission and implementation of USAMRIID training programs.
- Produce still photography using Digital Single Lens Reflex camera for USAMRIID mission, training and events.
- Maintain all conference rooms' audio/visual equipment by performing regular preventive maintenance checks & services and maintain an inventory of all AV equipment in each conference room.
- Operate multi-media audio-visual conference room equipment, coordinate and schedule conference room use as well as video teleconferencing scheduling and ensuring resources are available as required.
- Supply technical expertise for the operation of the Video Tele- Conferencing equipment which is on site at USAMRIID conference rooms.
- Supply expertise in trouble shooting multi-media audio visual equipment.
- Supply knowledge of DOD/Army information assurance guidance.
- Operate D-SLR (digital single lens reflex) camera to document and illustrate medical science research for training and publication.
- Supply knowledge and expertise in how best to record medical research subject matter with D-SLR still camera.
- Operate D-SLR (digital single lens reflex) camera to record awards ceremonies, promotions and changes of command ceremonies.
- Operate D-SLR to create passport photos and environmental portraiture.
- Provide technical expertise to perform tasks and advice with procedures relating to scientific photography and photo-microscopy.
- Write scripts for and plan and coordinate on-location digital video shoots.
- Perform videography tasks to include, digital video editing, converting digital video file formats, editing sound on both sound tracks as needed and employ knowledge of media encoders.
- Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 3-5 years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.